Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cam Brown
Quote | Reply
What does Cam Brown need to do to get over the hump and win IM Hawaii. He's got the swim and bike speed, but got beat on the run by the others.

I say, (and he should listen to me - after all I am a 4:02.54 marathoner), stop running so many IM's this year, concentrate on his footspeed and come to Kona with a brand new pair of sneekers - and an improved marathon.

Can you imagine Reid, DeBoom & Brown running neck and neck (and neck) thru the lava fields. WhooYa!
Quote Reply
Re: Cam Brown [OCTriGeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Cam Brown is cool. And he rides a Felt.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Cam Brown [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
he is not with litespeed anymore??
Quote Reply
Re: Cam Brown [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmm, I'm not sure. I thought he was on a DA700. Any information?

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last time I checked he was on a Litespeed equipped with Campy.

As for Hawaii, if he gets rid of that damn speedo he'll be twice as fast. Mark my words, the day he drops the speedo is the day he wins hawaii.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cam Brown is indeed riding Litespeed bikes and has so for the last 7 years. He currently has an 04 Blade and an 04 Ultimate.
Herbert
Litespeed
Quote Reply
Re: Cam Brown [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I'm guessing you won't mind sending me his 03 bikes, no?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eh gad, I am utterly confused..... I was thinking of my hero Craig Walton. Duy. I need a Red Bull.

I'll be right back...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Cam Brown [freestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Freestyle, I wish we could hand them out so easily. :-)
It is actually up to Cam what he does with his older race and training bikes, but he seems to have no issue finding homes for them in New Zealand.
And Tom you are right, Craig Walton is indeed a nice guy too. He is actually the one many people often confuse with Greg Bennett, who happens to race on Litespeed just like Cam Brown.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Greg Bennett is the one with the faster girlfriend...and Craig Walton is the one who falls on his ass in transition at the biggest money race in the world, right?
Quote Reply
Re: Cam Brown [Becca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Becca, I wasn't at the biggest money race, so I wouldn't know that. :-)
Herbert
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cam is very, very cool. Really laid back. He's one of the most "professional" pro's out there that I know of. He keep's his sponsors up-to-date immediately following races, prior to going to races and through his training season. He also seems to be a really good family guy, despite all the training and traveling away from them he does.

And yes, he is riding a Litespeed these day's.

Dennis
Quote Reply
Re: Cam Brown [Dmcminn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
<< And yes, he is riding a Litespeed these day's.

and he runs in the best, Nike's, right Dennis!!

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: Cam Brown [OCTriGeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
on the contrary, brown is one of the fastest IM runners in the sport. i don't think he's ever run slower than 2:50. in last year's IMNZ, he tracked down Larsen to win it after coming in 11 minutes behind at T2. he's not a great swimmer nor rider, and is always playing catch-up. in other IMs where he is not against runners like Reid and TDB he has shown he has the footspeed to make up huge deficits (in 2002 putting in 1 minute per km on Bernhard).

if anything, he's got to improve his riding so he's not too behind at T2.

Kim
Quote Reply
Re: Cam Brown [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bloody right mate!!! : )

Yeah, Cam is a wonderful represenative to the Nike brand for all the reasons I mentioned in my previous post. I hope we keep him around for awhile. Triathletes unfortunately don't get a lot of love in a company our size. We don't have many, but we have some good ones: Cam, Hunter Kemper, Simon Whitfield, Becky Gibbs and of course, one of my best friends in the sport (and outside it) Tony DeBoom.

Dennis
Quote Reply