Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [dunno] [ In reply to ]

dunno wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:
dunno wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:

I mean, look at what happened with Talbot. Dude was giving us great content and still got shitted on my some of the assholes in ST, this included a dude saying that videos weren't free because he spent 10 minutes of his time watching them.

With Talbot though he made a previous thread asking for feedback-he even publicly posted his phone number asking for feedback. And then when he got feedback got upset. He needs to realise all feedback won’t ever be good-you could paint the perfect picture and yet thousands of people will still think it’s a POS.

He needs some maturity to read he feedback when requested and take it or leave it.

If you go back and read the thread, Talbot got upset after CU427 started complaining about the videos not being free because he had to spend time watching them, and nothing in this world is free, including his time.

The only other time was when people asked him about using a different genre of music, and Talbot declined to change, as that was his preference. And he didn't seem that upset about it.

Well that makes it even worse then if because of one single poster on the interweb Talbot decides to cancel all his upcoming interviews and not release any more vids-that sound terribly immature.

As I said there will ALWAYS be critics no matter how perfect something is. If your business is putting content out for public consumption and you can’t handle a single negative response then it’s rine to do something else.

I think you misunderstand me. I am not here trying argue in favor of Talbot. I particularly think he shouldn't really care what people think. Cancelling with 3 clients because some asshole on ST seems too much, I'll agree with that.

What I am arguing: there are a group of people that appear to not really care about conversations; they're all about "trolling" and "triggering". I'm not new to the internet, and these types of people are in every internet community, but at least Reddit lets you downvote the shit out of them, so most people lurking around know that the community doesn't really agree with them.

But let's also be honest, there are some trolls here that are not only tolerated, but celebrated by a chunk of the ST community (Pubes or whatever handle(s) he uses now).
Last edited by: TulkasTri: Oct 15, 18 13:46

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]

Agreed!

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [stevie g] [ In reply to ]

I dont think ST is the place for statements from witnesses if there is going to be an official investigation of the incident.
stevie g wrote:
The incident was witnessed by Siri Lindley and several other athletes thankfully.
That's a statement saying Siri and other people witnessed it, where are they on this thread and what have they done

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [PJC] [ In reply to ]

PJC wrote:
aliseselsy wrote:
Sorry, what did you say your IM PR was? And how many professional podiums did you achieve this year? Professional athletes are entitled to a tough day at work from time to time just like everyone else, keyboard warrior.

I'm not a professional. But you can sure bet when I am doing a pitch at work I put everything into it. Especially if it's the biggest one of the year.

I'm not expecting Callum to win. He can even finish last of the pros. But so far behind, it s a joke he is racing pro.

I think Luke McKenzie was on the cusp of times for respectable pros. And he came 28th I think. 40 minutes behind? Guessing.

He finished ahead of every pro that dnf. What's your perspective on that? Serious question.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm

PJC wrote:
Timtek wrote:
So your beef is with WTC letting too many pros into the WC and you'd like to see more age groupers to fill those spots. Do I have this correct?

I don't have a beef with that.

I suppose if I have a beef its that if you race pro you need to finish within a % of the winner.

It will be worse next year with the new system of win and you are in. But thats another whole thread.

And what percentage would that be? Or do you mean within 1%? If so, how did you arrive at that arbitrary number and does it apply to all racing sports? Endurance sports? Or just the IM WC?

PJC wrote:
Frankenbike wrote:
So you are the best at your job in the world? Top 148? if not you should just quit because you are a disgrace to your job.

I am definitely the top 25% of my peers.

Something Callum can't say.

Shot in the dark here, but I'm guessing that your peers aren't described as "elite".

Something Callum definitely can say.

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]

Grant.Reuter wrote:

The Talbot thread was slightly different. He got some feedback that was negative but mostly was articulated properly. People can have opinions it’s just how they’re conveyed. The keyboard warriors on here have been getting worse though and I don’t blame brands and pros from shying away.

It’s really not that bad, it’s been better and worse multiple times 10+ years ago. The reason pros aren’t on here is because they can’t show a social media presence through here. 100k followers on Instagram is way more important than posting on here. The reach is also significantly more.

I don't know what the Talbot thread was.

Yes, 100k followers on Insta is more important. But, I know that we had a couple of sponsors that appreciated posts here since they were related to their products and since the posts were (I think) constructive. Even still, however honestly a lot of pros post feedback on equipment here, you'll get plenty of folks saying that it's because pro so and so is 'paid'.

There was an incident years ago (years and years) where 2 pros walked it in together. They got more shit from this forum than most pros in total that I can remember. Until one of them got on here and posted why. Then most folks walked back their comments. Keyboard warriors want to tell pros how and what they should do to run the business of being a pro with no real idea what it takes. In that sense, the post that Coggan posted way up rings true now and in the past.

For a pro, this place can be a lot of negative energy. So, it's simply not worth it unless you have kind of thick skin or to a degree DGAF.

Whether Callum walked it in or whether he would have hung it up and not finished, he would have lurked on here and see that his finish was a 'disrespectful whatever place' or that 'he should have finished and respected the race'. No win situation in either case, negative energy. Granted, it probably took him as much negative energy to post it on Insta and read the comments, etc., but there have been at least 2 posters on this thread that paint a good enough picture of why more pros aren't here.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Last edited by: -JBMarshTX: Oct 15, 18 14:24

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [domingjm] [ In reply to ]

domingjm wrote:
PJC wrote:
Frankenbike wrote:
So you are the best at your job in the world? Top 148? if not you should just quit because you are a disgrace to your job.

Shot in the dark here, but I'm guessing that your peers aren't described as "elite".

Are you so sure.

A lot of pro men were beaten by pro women and age groupers.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [NUFCrichard] [ In reply to ]

NUFCrichard wrote:
PJC wrote:
Frankenbike wrote:

I'm pretty sure that fewer than 25% of professional triathletes qualify for Kona.

The whole idea that he is undeserving of being there is stupid, there is a qualifiying system. He qualified. He deserved to be there.

This should pretty much be the end of the quibbling about Callum's result on Saturday. He deserved to be there and he finished ahead of plenty of pros that dnf. End.

PJC wrote:
domingjm wrote:
PJC wrote:
Frankenbike wrote:

Are you so sure.

Yes, quite sure.

Also, pro women and age groupers are no more his peers than pros are your peers.

Are you considering age groupers and pro women as his peers? If so, there's no question that he's met your 25% criteria. This conversation is growing less and less logical.

Last edited by: domingjm: Oct 15, 18 14:53

PJC wrote:
Are you so sure.

You're right. And at most other races a lot of those same pros beat all the pro women and all the age groupers. The age group race in Kona (and most races) is not nearly the same as the pro race. The largest majority of age groupers who turn pro after a decent 70.3 or IM finish find that out pretty quickly.

Whether it's playing the points right or finishing high enough in one race, every pro who lines up on the starting line in Kona has earned that spot. Period.

-Brandon...I think that I was 23rd in 2013 and beaten by 1 age grouper...Marsh, retired pro

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [trail] [ In reply to ]

trail wrote:
Thorax wrote:
The man who said that would have stopped running, get the Sutto guy off his bike, hip-throw him on the ground and proceed to choke him out.
I'm not joking.

Incorrect. Teddy was a boxer and probably didn't have much of a ground game. He'd have connected with a few crosses. Google the Roosevelt bar fight.
Google Roosevelt judo. Or Roosevelt jiu-jitsu (since then Judo wasn't yet called Judo). I remember reading about it when I started BJJ, like 10 years ago, so I forget the details but Teddy trained quite a bit with one of Kano's students.

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [-JBMarshTX] [ In reply to ]

-JBMarshTX wrote:
Grant.Reuter wrote:

The Talbot thread was slightly different. He got some feedback that was negative but mostly was articulated properly. People can have opinions it’s just how they’re conveyed. The keyboard warriors on here have been getting worse though and I don’t blame brands and pros from shying away.

It’s really not that bad, it’s been better and worse multiple times 10+ years ago. The reason pros aren’t on here is because they can’t show a social media presence through here. 100k followers on Instagram is way more important than posting on here. The reach is also significantly more.

I don't know what the Talbot thread was.

Yes, 100k followers on Insta is more important. But, I know that we had a couple of sponsors that appreciated posts here since they were related to their products and since the posts were (I think) constructive. Even still, however honestly a lot of pros post feedback on equipment here, you'll get plenty of folks saying that it's because pro so and so is 'paid'.

There was an incident years ago (years and years) where 2 pros walked it in together. They got more shit from this forum than most pros in total that I can remember. Until one of them got on here and posted why. Then most folks walked back their comments. Keyboard warriors want to tell pros how and what they should do to run the business of being a pro with no real idea what it takes. In that sense, the post that Coggan posted way up rings true now and in the past.

For a pro, this place can be a lot of negative energy. So, it's simply not worth it unless you have kind of thick skin or to a degree DGAF.

Whether Callum walked it in or whether he would have hung it up and not finished, he would have lurked on here and see that his finish was a 'disrespectful whatever place' or that 'he should have finished and respected the race'. No win situation in either case, negative energy. Granted, it probably took him as much negative energy to post it on Insta and read the comments, etc., but there have been at least 2 posters on this thread that paint a good enough picture of why more pros aren't here.

I get the sense that the focus ends up being on the negative posts, rather than the positive. If you look at Talbot's posts, the majority are positive. This post, it's generally positive towards Cal. Unfortunately, like all social media, the bold and often counter arguments tend to get people really riled up and is snowballs from there. Rather than ignore or scroll past these comments, people dig in deeper and the conversation spirals (downward).

--------------------------------------------
TEAM F3 Undurance

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [Thorax] [ In reply to ]

Thorax wrote:

Google Roosevelt judo. Or Roosevelt jiu-jitsu (since then Judo wasn't yet called Judo). I remember reading about it when I started BJJ, like 10 years ago, so I forget the details but Teddy trained quite a bit with one of Kano's students.

Damn! He did have a ground game. I guess younger college-aged Teddy would have boxed, older Teddy might have taken him to the ground.

I stand corrected!

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [Multisportsdad] [ In reply to ]

Multisportsdad wrote:
I get the sense that the focus ends up being on the negative posts, rather than the positive. If you look at Talbot's posts, the majority are positive. This post, it's generally positive towards Cal. Unfortunately, like all social media, the bold and often counter arguments tend to get people really riled up and is snowballs from there. Rather than ignore or scroll past these comments, people dig in deeper and the conversation spirals (downward).

No disagreement here, but it's not really the posts per se. I think that there have probably been some psych studies or something done. That's generally the way most people are wired, the negative stands out more than the positive.

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [trail] [ In reply to ]

trail wrote:
Thorax wrote:

Damn! He did have a ground game. I guess younger college-aged Teddy would have boxed, older Teddy might have taken him to the ground.

I stand corrected!
Whatever the case, that badass of a president would have taken care of business. Considering the perspective of self-defense against assault with a vehicle, so would I.

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [stevie g] [ In reply to ]

stevie g wrote:
The incident was witnessed by Siri Lindley and several other athletes thankfully.
That's a statement saying Siri and other people witnessed it, where are they on this thread and what have they done

Have you read this whole thread? I'm hoping Siri doesn't lower herself by posting on here. This isn't Judge Judy you know?

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [Toby] [ In reply to ]

Toby wrote:
Thorax wrote:
Andrew Coggan wrote:
I don't get it... whatever happened to:

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”?

The man who said that would have stopped running, get the Sutto guy off his bike, hip-throw him on the ground and proceed to choke him out.
I'm not joking.

That, however, was a time when settling things with fists would settle them instead of resulting in lawsuits and prison time. And as appealingly simple as that sounds, it’s not a moral or civilized approach to conflict resolution.

Regardless of all else, Cal blocking Mike on the social medias looks like an excellent judgement call if nothing else.

Agreed, the less civilized Among Us would probably have sent him an envelope full of glitter, or maybe one of those bowls of gummy dicks for him to eat.

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [ffmedic84] [ In reply to ]

ffmedic84 wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:
dcrainmaker wrote:
gregk wrote:
..But f--king A, there is an absolutely astounding amount of negativity and asshole behavior floating around here and other threads. What the hell is wrong with people?

While the rest of the thread might be entertaining to read and bring in page views, it's ultimately what drives people away from ST forums from an actual posting standpoint.

Sure, there's plenty of useful tidbits on ST and I skim the forums daily, but I rarely post anymore for exactly this reason. It's just not worth it most of the time. The level of general hate/assholes/etc here just seems to climb by the month.

I get that the general concept is to let things take care of itself, but at some point it doesn't become any better than a bad Reddit thread. Hell, at least with Reddit a post/comment can get downvoted to oblivion, effectively making it disappear for most.

Yes, that's something that Reddit at least did well; the downvote button.

I mean, look at what happened with Talbot. Dude was giving us great content and still got shitted on my some of the assholes in ST, this included a dude saying that videos weren't free because he spent 10 minutes of his time watching them.

Agree re: the Talbot vid situation being different. I genuinely enjoy Talbot videos, but the last one did deserve some criticism. Criticism he has asked for in the past to help him improve. I wish/hope he will keep producing them

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [zedzded] [ In reply to ]

Lets not forget Callum Millward is forever making "stretched truth" accusations on social media and then deleting them when the real truth comes out. Accusing all his rivals of cheating at Noosa last year based on 1 photo comes to mind. That photo ended up being from inside the green zone (drafting allowed, but no passing allowed) coming into transition.

I predict the other side of the story will come out and his accusation post will be deleted just like all his others 😏
Last edited by: Hanja: Oct 15, 18 16:50

PJC wrote:
I think Luke McKenzie was on the cusp of times for respectable pros. And he came 28th I think. 40 minutes behind? Guessing.

So anybody finishing 29th or lower in a division 50-something deep is not respectable? Got it.

Math fail much?

Citizen of the world, former drunkard. Resident Traumatic Brain Injury advocate.

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [dcrainmaker] [ In reply to ]

dcrainmaker wrote:
gregk wrote:
..But f--king A, there is an absolutely astounding amount of negativity and asshole behavior floating around here and other threads. What the hell is wrong with people?

While the rest of the thread might be entertaining to read and bring in page views, it's ultimately what drives people away from ST forums from an actual posting standpoint.

Sure, there's plenty of useful tidbits on ST and I skim the forums daily, but I rarely post anymore for exactly this reason. It's just not worth it most of the time. The level of general hate/assholes/etc here just seems to climb by the month.

I get that the general concept is to let things take care of itself, but at some point it doesn't become any better than a bad Reddit thread. Hell, at least with Reddit a post/comment can get downvoted to oblivion, effectively making it disappear for most.
ngness to reply to many questions asked of you here, even when at time you have been critisized

I absolutely agree....been here since the beginning, with that said......Thank You DC for your willngness to reply to many questions asked of you here, even when at time you have been critisized

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]

Shambolic wrote:
stevie g wrote:

Have you read this whole thread? I'm hoping Siri doesn't lower herself by posting on here. This isn't Judge Judy you know?

Siri aint coming out against one of Brett's coaches any time soon - if you know anything about how Brett operates.

http://www.sweat7.com
Facebook Page: Sweat7
Twitter: @sweat7coaching

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [-JBMarshTX] [ In reply to ]

-JBMarshTX wrote:
PJC wrote:
Are you so sure.

You're right. And at most other races a lot of those same pros beat all the pro women and all the age groupers. The age group race in Kona (and most races) is not nearly the same as the pro race. The largest majority of age groupers who turn pro after a decent 70.3 or IM finish find that out pretty quickly.

Whether it's playing the points right or finishing high enough in one race, every pro who lines up on the starting line in Kona has earned that spot. Period.

-Brandon...I think that I was 23rd in 2013 and beaten by 1 age grouper...Marsh, retired pro

That bolded point is so true. I learned that this year and that was at Chattanooga and Steelhead. The AG to pro race is so different there’s no comparison. If it’s that much different in those races I cannot imagine how different it is in Kona.

Twitter - Instagram

Re: Callum Millward (Get the Popcorn) [Hanja] [ In reply to ]

Hanja wrote:
Lets not forget Callum Millward is forever making "stretched truth" accusations on social media and then deleting them when the real truth comes out. Accusing all his rivals of cheating at Noosa last year based on 1 photo comes to mind. That photo ended up being from inside the green zone (drafting allowed, but no passing allowed) coming into transition.

I predict the other side of the story will come out and his accusation post will be deleted just like all his others 😏

Nice first post.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook

Prev Next