Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Calling all Wattbike Atom Owners - Seat Post Issues
Quote | Reply
Hi Guys,

I'm having a few seat post issues with my Atom and was wondering if anyone else is having (or has had) a similar problem?

No matter how tight I do up the seat post clamp, the seat post still pivots on the clamp, therefore every time I ride the bike, the post wobbles and the bottom edge of the seat post taps annoyingly loudly on the inside of the seat tube.

As you can see from these pics, there's quite a gap between the post and the plastic insert it slides in:

Cheers,

Pat.
Quote Reply
Re: Calling all Wattbike Atom Owners - Seat Post Issues [Avoneer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I have a similar problem - how did you resolve the issue?

BW

James
Quote Reply
Re: Calling all Wattbike Atom Owners - Seat Post Issues [Avoneer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't have an Atom... but if it were mine I'd sacrifice some beer cans and just shim it.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Calling all Wattbike Atom Owners - Seat Post Issues [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

You can't shim it.

In all of their wisdom, Wattbike put a rotating end cap on the bolt that secures the seat post, so when it's clamped tight, it pivot on that bolt.

Even if you shim it, the post is that long and the seat tube so much wider, it still pivots on the bolt.

My solution was to buy some sticky thin felt strips that go on the bottom of furniture feet when you have laminate or wood flooring. I then removed the seat post and stuck a strip of this felt on the inside of the seat post on each side.

Hope that makes sense.

I emailed Wattbike several times, but they weren't interested in a) their design fault and b) my solution.

Regards,

Pat.
Quote Reply