Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Calling all SRAM eTap experts - BlipBox help
Quote | Reply
I was changing the front end to the tri bike recently and have to disconnect all the cables to the eTap BlipBox. When I put them back together, nothing shifts anymore. So I re-paired everything again and the system is still not right.

Here is the symptoms: The BlipBox will only work with the last paired derailleur, but not both at the same time. For example, after I pair the BlipBox with the RD, then the -/+ buttons will move the RD like it should. Then I pair the BlipBox with the FD, the FD button will work as it should, but the -/+ buttons will no longer move the RD. it’s like the BlipBox “lost” the pairing with the RD (because the light won’t flash when the -/+ buttons are pressed). And vice versa.

Anyone has run into something like this, and more importantly, any suggestions to fix it?
Quote Reply
Re: Calling all SRAM eTap experts - BlipBox help [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dalava wrote:
Anyone has run into something like this, and more importantly, any suggestions to fix it?

Yes, but unfortunately I cannot remember what I did to get it all sorted out. And like you I had it all paired previously.

I'm trying to think what I did, but it is just not coming to me. I think I was not going through the sequence of the pairing correctly even though I was reading the directions. I remember watching the YouTube SRAM video many times before I stumbled on the correct sequence in the pairing process. I bet if I had to disconnect the cables now I would be going through the same thing again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The RD is the master for the system. It sounds like you're not doing the process correctly.

1. Hold button down on RD until it's flashing
2. Hold button down on FD until it flashes quickly
3. Hold button down on blip box until it flashes quickly
4. Hold button down on RD to make light stop flashing

(I don't think it matters what order you do steps 2 & 3)
Quote Reply
Re: Calling all SRAM eTap experts - BlipBox help [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the help, I followed the sequence and got them to work. I was thrown off by the FD going into flashing quickly only momentarily and then going dark - I thought it was not in paring mode anymore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
anyone know what the bolt size that threads into the mounting hole on the back of the standard eTap Blip box? I want to mount it using this threaded hole.
thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Calling all SRAM eTap experts - BlipBox help [Tri_Barf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it was a M4 on the AXS blip box.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply