Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Calling all Elite bike owners......
Quote | Reply
Considering laying down some major coin for an Elite Razor, but as dumb as this may sound, have never seen or ridden one. Sounds like a fast, comfortable bike with outstanding workmanship. Feedback from any Elite owners out there? thanks.......
Quote Reply
Re: Calling all Elite bike owners...... [Triman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never seen one - but check out www.teschnerbikes.com they have similar frame - that they will custom make - compare the prices.

Al
Quote Reply
teschner [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My god those prices are seriously expensive, you could get a custom serotta or a serious yaqui built up for much less than what they are asking... wow... they are cool looking though
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There was a thread with positive feedback a month or 2 ago.

Elites are not as expensive
Last edited by: michaelg: Mar 10, 03 20:18
Quote Reply
Wow... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are those US dollar prices or Australian Dollars?

Quote | Reply
 I have a Magnus, the entry level bike - which still costs as much as a P2k. But I have no regrets - In my first season on the bike I shattered all my PR's, not because the bike is so fast - its just that I love riding it so much I logged some serious miles. Also, you will get great personal service from owner, David Greenfield - even a year and a half after I bought the bike, he's still willing to swap out a stem or parts to make sure I'm happy with the fit. I'm sure you could also get great service from Ves (Yaqui) and I believe he may actually be cheaper. You cant go wrong buying an Elite. But I cant say that you wont find an equal bike for less money.
Quote Reply
Re: Wow... [Dr. Doom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
those prices on teschner are in aussie dollars so you can nearly halve those prices to put them into US dollars
Quote Reply
Re: Wow... [cam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dave is legit- You'd be making a good choice to get one of his bikes.

I've known Dave for almost 5 years, and I have watched him get Elite off the ground with a lot of hard work. He's let me demo a couple of bikes, and if I wasn't in love with my Felt, I'd be all over his ride. He's got pro's like Kenny Glah and Todd Wiley riding on his steeds, and I know they could have their picks of many other brands.

He knows fit. He's raced as a elite/pro, and is involved in the community. You may get a cheaper bike, but you won't get as good a quality. Give the guy a call- You won't be disappointed.

Good luck-

Rob

http://www.reathcon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triman, I would agree with Charlie's post saying you cant buy a better bike for the money than an Elite....I have been racing and riding for over 20 years on some of the "top" names in the industry - Pinarello, Colnago, DeRosa, etc. - and can say without hesitation that my Elite is in the same category at a fraction of their prices...

BTW, if you compare and contrast scandium/easton ultralight tubing fully custom sized with your choice of colors/paint job and Reynolds aero pro fork (top end) fork, I think its damn hard to beat at, what? $2,200?

You get to decide on colors and, most importantly, size (plus a handwritten Christmas card last year!)...

I've been seeing in elite's ads that they are signing alot of pretty good shops to carry their bikes - what part of the country do you live in? maybe there is a dealer near you....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had a razor for about a year now. I am very happy with it; it is very comfortable and light, and feels very clean, aero and fast.

Dave will bend over backwards to make sure you are fit properly and are happy with your bike. For a custom aero-tubed Easton Scandium/Aluminum bike with a Reynolds Ouzo Pro Aero fork and choice of color, the Elite Razor price is reasonably priced.

If you want to save a few bucks, go with the Elite T-series. This is the bike the higher end razor is based on. Difference is no extended seat tube, scandium, or custom size frame. But you still get the Reynolds Fork, bladed Easton 7005 tubing....AND the handwritten Christmas card.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triman,

I can't say enough about ELITE Bicycles and the founder of ELITE Bicycles. YOU WILL SIMPLY NOT get a better quality product with a better fit, and the level of customer care and PERSONAL attention to detail than an ELITE.

If we were simply comparing features and price, ELITE wins, hands down.. Take ANY hand made, truly FULL Dura Ace bike (Cervelo P3 is not Full Dura ace -- uses off brand brakes, etc), and you will find the ELITE to be equal to or less than $$. Dave doesn't skimp on the less visible components like the others. You'll get a seatpost and stem and tires, and wheels and headset commensurate with Dura Ace. Now add a TRULY personal fit by an expert -- and we're not talking about moving the saddle and stem here and there, we're talking about cutting and welding frame material to fit YOUR body geometry -- now how much would you pay? OK, so add an unmatched commitment to your personal satisfaction.. not just a week or two after you buy, we're talking lifetime here. How much is that worth to you?

I put 5000 miles on my Elite Razor last year. I moved from deeply mid-packer to top 10% of my age group. Is it because my new bike is so freak'n fast? Yeah, partially. Or perhaps it is because riding is now a pure joy to me. One thing is for sure, my 10k times in an Oly Tri are now inside of a minute off my stand-alone 10k times. Why is that? Because my bike FITS and I can run off the bike without the dead-legs you get from ill-fitting bikes.

The last thing I will tell you is that I am a deeply obsessive-compulsive, anal-retentive, A-type. (Typical triathlete -- right?). I also happen to be trained as an engineer and I fly helicopters in the US Army. Why tell you this? I researched bike choices and options HARD for many months before choosing ELITE. There are MANY MANY great bikes out there, but I contend there are very few who provide the total package that you get in an Elite. Call me, e-mail me, I will tell you more!

TriTom Thomas.fugate@rucker.army.mil (334) 255-3816
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fine bikes. Check out Yaqui also.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Calling all Elite bike owners...... [TriTom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom,
Very well said.
I have the 5th T6 made...serial number 0005. To this day David will bend over backwards for me....and I haven't bought anything from him in 4 years! He loves what he does and he is fantastic at it. After racing for one season after David's expert fit and being very comfortable on the bike, I got suckered into a "new and improved" bike fit.....not only one, but I went through 3 bike fits with people that claimed they knew what they where doing....with each new fit I would gain new problems and pains that never existed b4, and worst of all my run times where increasing due to the fact that I was not fresh coming off the bike. Finally, after too many aches and pains I went back to David. He could not believe what these other fit guru's did. He spent over an hour with me, did not charge me a penny....and I swear ALL of my aches and pains and injuries went away within 10 days. Not only am I stating this to get the point across that he is a fantastic fitter, but he cares about his customers....even if I purchased the bike almost 4 years ago.
When you buy an Elite, you buy a whole lot more than just a bike.
Cheers to David for demonstrating to everyone just how a bike company should be run.
I will always ride an Elite.

http://www.scoogie.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

David at Elite was a customer of mine when I was selling Bike parts, and he is an excellent fellow, and an outstanding craftsman. An Elite will probably be my next bike...

Tech writer/support on this here site. FIST school instructor and certified bike fitter. Formerly at Diamondback Bikes, LeMond Fitness, FSA, TiCycles, etc.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/ BJJ instruction - https://ballardbjj.com/
Last edited by: fredly: Mar 11, 03 17:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
met Dave Greenfield last year after i made a bad frame purchase. was completely impressed with both his knowledge and skill in getting me a new frame. i have never felt better coming out of T2 and going into the run. set a PR in pittsburgh last summer.

this year, mentioned to him i was entering a Ironman distance race. Dave has coached me and consistently checked in with me through the winter. very professional and great product. can't say enough good stuff about frame and company.

totally happy with both the service and the bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Calling all Elite bike owners...... [morgan215] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another VERY satisfied Elite customer here. I have an Elite Aria beam bike and I love it. Dave is a standup guy who will do almost anything to make sure you get the bike you want. He spent hours dialing in my bike to fit me and it's the most comfortable bike I've ever ridden. He also did a fitting on my wife's Kilo and recommended some upgrades to make her more comfortable. He charged nothing for the fitting and she doesn't even ride an Elite. You will be very happy if you decide to go with one of his bikes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I own two Elites - an old T6 (2000) time trial bike and a Joule (2002) road bike. The T6 is comparable to my old QR Kilo Private Reserve (1995) but a bit more aero, stiffer and a harsher ride (feel like I might lose a filling on some of these PA potholes!). I believe David has improved upon this older model. The Joule is INCREDIBLE - aluminum with a bunch of carbon goodies to make it smooth, light and even more comfy than riding my trusty old steel Bottecchia. Very responsive and I really enjoy riding it. Plus the paint job is awesome - I have one of the prettiest bikes I have ever seen! (And we all know it is all about looking good, right - ha!)

-hug
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
do they have a webpage?
Quote Reply
Re: Calling all Elite bike owners...... [stretch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
why yes they do ;) .. just found it

www.elitebicycles.com
Quote Reply
Re: Calling all Elite bike owners...... [stretch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Razor (timetrial) and the Joule (road) and I LOVE both of them. The Joule is the smoothest, most comfortable bike I've even ridden. The Razor is light and wicked fast. Its a very comfortable ride for a timetrial bike. I rode it in an Ironman and felt great the entire way. Customer service is the best with Elite. Since its a small company, you don't get lost in the masses. David Greenfield takes a lot of pride in making sure every Elite owner is happy with his creations.
Quote Reply