Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Calling Griffen riders
Quote | Reply
I am in the market for a TRI BIKE and I went down to Griffen's shop the other day. The frames look pretty solid and impressive and the geometry fits. My biggest question is how does their frame material ride. The owner told me is different from aluminum or anything else. I currently ride a Talon and that carbon offers a very sweet ride. What is your experience?

Thanks,
Quote Reply
Re: Calling Griffen riders [KingK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anybody?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try the Bicycle Sports Forum. I saw that the St. Pete, Florida Bicycle Sports is carrrying Griffin's, so you might find some Griffin owners lurking on the forum there. They're nice looking bikes, but I've never ridden one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got a great deal on a used Griffen Vulcan a couple years ago. I bought it knowing it was too big, but figured I'd race it until I could afford something nearly as nice that fit better. I loved the bike. In my opinion the frame material is everything Griffen claims it to be. The ride was the best of any bike I've owned. Mine had an Alpha Q carbon fork and the bike/frame really smoothed out the road shock. When I stood and hammered though, I only felt stiffness in the frame. The frame is pretty aero, but also pays for it in weight. If you want to nitpick, it doesn't have internal cable routing, or adjustable clearance on the rear wheel. Griffen customer service, especially Tony Free, was great.

When I could afford to buy a better fitting bike, I couldn't find another Griffen at the same price point. I am now on a Cervelo P3, which is another great bike and fits me better. I think if someone offered me either frame in my size I would go with the Griffen (it would be a tough call though).

sweet
Quote Reply