Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Calf cramp
Quote | Reply
Howdy slowtwitchers. I have a conundrum.

Every triathlon I have done I have had one of my calf’s cramp. Here is the weird part. It only happens in races. Wet suit or Nonn wetsuit swims

The first 70.3 I attempted I dnf’d because of the calf cramp. I chalked it up to never trying one before and having fairly crappy nutrition(not only race day but in training and in life.

I have finished a few sprints, 1 Olympic and now 1 70.3. Every single time one of my calves cramped.

I have raced for a few years. Improved my nutrition in life and training/Racing. I finally feel like I have my nutrition under control.

In today’s swim my right calf cramped 150yards until the finish of the swim. I was going around a bouy and had to frog kick for sighting purposes. That’s when it hit.

I was very well hydrated this week and leading up to the race. Had about half a Gatorade before the start today. I take in some salt every so often throughout the week(more when I remember).

Anyone have any ideas?
Last edited by: EastonZ16: Aug 19, 18 17:43
Quote Reply
Re: Calf cramp [EastonZ16] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try checking out this link:

http://davescottinc.com/...g-in-the-open-water/

"The first virtue in a soldier is endurance of fatigue; courage is only the second virtue."
- Napoleon Bonaparte
Quote Reply
Re: Calf cramp [Don_W] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow. Thanks. He explained exactly what I was doing! Much appreciated!
Quote Reply
Re: Calf cramp [EastonZ16] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I get foot cramps during the swim in the arch of my foot and they can stop me in my tracks. Basically have to tread water until the cramp goes away. So now I periodically cock my feet straight during the swim as well as try to focus on the upbeat of the kick. That has helped me.

"The first virtue in a soldier is endurance of fatigue; courage is only the second virtue."
- Napoleon Bonaparte
Quote Reply