Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Caledonia accessories
Quote | Reply
Has anyone found a top tube bag that fits well on a Cervelo Caledonia? The bike shop where I bought the bike had nothing in stock and did not expect anything in soon. When I emailed Cervelo for suggestions they said that the Cervelo Smartpack 400A fits on the Aspero but not the Caledonia, and that Cervelo does not make a top tube bag that fits the Caledonia. One mail order company that I contacted said that the Aspero bag did fit on the Caledonia, but that there was no stock anywhere. Cervelo suggested a couple of manufacturers but when I looked at their websites there was lots of old school bento bags with velcro loops. i just want something that bolts on securely like the XLAB Stealth Pocket on my old P2.

In Dan's review he said that the stem and seatpost accessory mounts come with the Caledonia but not the Caledonia 5. My Caledonia did not come with either mount. The bike shop said that sometimes Cervelo ships them and sometimes they don't, and he has none of them right now. I don't have enough seatpost real estate to attach my under-the-seat bag and light.

Great bike, I just need to figure out how to attach my stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: Caledonia accessories [ONDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure what size you're for, but why not another XLab bag? Is there something about the screw configuration on the Caledonia that makes it incompatible with typical bolt on bento boxes?

A bolt on bag that I really like on my gravel bike is the Revelate Mag-Tank, which is available in both velcro and bolt on models. The top flap is held on magnetically, so it's easy to open and close during a ride, and it has a wide opening. And it's waterproof, in that rain won't get inside (it isn't water proof if you dunk it underwater).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Handlebar bag. I see more and more people use them even on aero road bikes. Super functional and trendy which fits with the Caledonia ethos. Obviously not good for a TT, but for any other use I highly recommend it.
Quote Reply
Re: Caledonia accessories [dktxracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, my bad. From what the bike shop and Cervelo were saying I thought the top tube mounts on the Caledonia were a different design, but I just pried off the plastic cover and found that the mounts are unchanged, so my XLab bag fits just fine. I will have a look at Revelate (which was one of the manufacturers suggested by Cervelo), and will check out handlebar bags as well.

Now I really wonder why the Aspero bag won't fit.

How about the accessory mounts, are other Caledonia owners finding that they do ship with their new bikes?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Caledonia 5 and it came with the “Cervelo “ mounts for front and back plus a fender mount .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Our Caledonias came with the front mount.

edit: and the fender mount
Last edited by: Zenmaster28: Sep 23, 20 16:16
Quote Reply