Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Calculating impact of rolling resistance
Quote | Reply
Any ST physics geeks who can help me on this? I have to believe there's a formula for it. I'd like to calculate the impact of the rolling resistance of various tires on overall bike split time. Variables would likely be: weight of triathlete, weight of bike, rolling resistance of tire, expected normalized power, ride distance - with the answer in minutes (time to finish the given distance). I would then plug in varying values for rolling resistance to find out how each tire might be expected to impact my time. Hopefully that makes sense. Or maybe there is already a general unscientific anecdotally understood measure similar to "...Gatorskins will add x minutes to the time of a 70.3 bike split?" Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Calculating impact of rolling resistance [spargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can imput rolling resistance into best bike split
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
spargo wrote:
Any ST physics geeks who can help me on this? I have to believe there's a formula for it. I'd like to calculate the impact of the rolling resistance of various tires on overall bike split time. Variables would likely be: weight of triathlete, weight of bike, rolling resistance of tire, expected normalized power, ride distance - with the answer in minutes (time to finish the given distance). I would then plug in varying values for rolling resistance to find out how each tire might be expected to impact my time. Hopefully that makes sense. Or maybe there is already a general unscientific anecdotally understood measure similar to "...Gatorskins will add x minutes to the time of a 70.3 bike split?" Thanks!

In addition to BBS you can also use Analytic Cycling.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
0.0005 crr difference = 5 watts = 50 grams of drag = 0.5 seconds/km (all approximately)

blog
Last edited by: stevej: Dec 23, 18 18:06
Quote Reply
Re: Calculating impact of rolling resistance [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
0.0005 crr difference = 5 watts = 0.5 km/s

km/h
Quote Reply