Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Calculating Lactic Threshold
Quote | Reply
Is it possible to calculate your LT on a computrainer? Where can I find the process if it is? How accurate is it? Thanks!

Andy

'You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Thinsg Are As They Are.'
Quote Reply
Re: Calculating Lactic Threshold [Andy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The protocol for the Conconi test is in the blue workout book that came with the CT. It is the test usually used to measure LT, aside from actually measuring blood lactate.

Kim
Quote Reply
Re: Calculating Lactic Threshold [dockimpoy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Kim, I never got that workout book since I got my CT second hand but will look on the CT website for it. You would think that would be in the actual manual along with the calibration method I couldn't find either... oh well. Thanks!

Andy

'You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Thinsg Are As They Are.'
Quote Reply
Re: Calculating Lactic Threshold [Andy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A Cononi test on a Computrainer is a decent way to measure LT, but it does not always correlate with LT tests on the road. For example, I have a Computrainer and do Conconi LT tests several times a year which point to a LT of 165 BPM. However, I do 20K and 40K road time trials around 173 BPM and Olympic triathlon bike legs at 170 - 173 BPM. Based on all this, I use 173 as my LT on the road. I think my Computrainer tests misstate my LT because I cannot get as psyched to really push it on a trainer. Also, I tend to ride high effort levels at a lower cadence on the trainer than on the road.

I think a Computrainer is a great way to measure fitness changes over time and is also a decent way to compare riders, but the best LT test is Friel's suggestion of measuring your average heartrate over the last 20 minutes of a 30 minute time trial.

-Marc
Quote Reply