Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cal Tri Lake Perris - May 9th
Quote | Reply
I saw this by luck. Figured I'd get the word out on here. Never raced with Cal Tri before, so I have no idea what I am getting myself into. Looks like they are open for 140 spots in the Olympic race, with only 22 remaining.

https://lakeperris.californiatriathlon.org/
Quote Reply
Re: Cal Tri Lake Perris - May 9th [Pro_Sandbagger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
im waiting last minute as that is the life now to sign up. I like that they are keeping prices stable, instead of price increase threats. They are not under USAT, probably that is why
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If like me you been itching to race in SoCal dont miss your chance. This event is a GO and will sell out. CalTri events put on the TrickorTri and IronBruin triathlons at Santa Fe Dam before lockdowns . The Lake Perris triathlon offers sprint & olympic distances. Many other race options available, swim bike , run bike run, 10k, 5k , no extra fees for relay teams etc. Bike course is spectacular and will circumnavigate the Lake on a closed course. Swim start is a very civilized and socially distant time trial style with an athlete going in the water every 5 or 10 secs. Sign up By April 9th to get your name on the Souvenir Jersey. Youths 50% off https://www.trisignup.com/...2021CalTriLakePerris..
Quote Reply
Re: Cal Tri Lake Perris - May 9th [DraftHorse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DraftHorse wrote:
If like me you been itching to race in SoCal dont miss your chance. This event is a GO and will sell out. CalTri events put on the TrickorTri and IronBruin triathlons at Santa Fe Dam before lockdowns . The Lake Perris triathlon offers sprint & olympic distances. Many other race options available, swim bike , run bike run, 10k, 5k , no extra fees for relay teams etc. Bike course is spectacular and will circumnavigate the Lake on a closed course. Swim start is a very civilized and socially distant time trial style with an athlete going in the water every 5 or 10 secs. Sign up By April 9th to get your name on the Souvenir Jersey. Youths 50% off https://www.trisignup.com/...2021CalTriLakePerris..

I am not sure if the event will sell out, but it appears to be a go at this point.
I have raced their Santa Fe event and it was well organized, though the swim was long and the run was a bit short.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rats. I would love to do this race. Except it's Mother's Day and my 91 year old Mum is still kicking it around, and would miss me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m signed up for the Olympic at Cal Tri Lake Perris. This one is a GO! Also check out Cal Tri LA and Cal Tri Newport Dunes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.trisignup.com/Race/69215/RefundPolicy

Sharon McN
@IronCharo
#TeamZoot
Clif Bar Pace Team 2003-2018
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great video showing the 12 mile loop of bike course going over the dam and around the lake , narrow section with the fence on the left side after crossing the dam i imagine will be a no pass zone . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnyGsnjQQ7c
Last edited by: DraftHorse: Apr 1, 21 11:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Less Than 50 spots remains for the Lake Perris CalTRi Events Triathlon ,the first permitted race in California post pandemic. At current pace . It will sell out in the next week or so.. If you can't race on May 9th , we d love to have experienced triathletes , training buddies, significant others come out and support safe , affordable triathlon by volunteering at Lake Perris. Athlete volunteers generally make the race safer and more enjoyable. VOGO or Volunteer One, Get One is a great way to volunteer and earn a free race or earn community service hours. https://www.californiatriathlon.org/...lunteer-one-get-one/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DraftHorse wrote:
Less Than 50 spots remains for the Lake Perris CalTRi Events Triathlon ,the first permitted race in California post pandemic. At current pace . It will sell out in the next week or so.. If you can't race on May 9th , we d love to have experienced triathletes , training buddies, significant others come out and support safe , affordable triathlon by volunteering at Lake Perris. Athlete volunteers generally make the race safer and more enjoyable. VOGO or Volunteer One, Get One is a great way to volunteer and earn a free race or earn community service hours. https://www.californiatriathlon.org/...lunteer-one-get-one/

I signed up. In for the Oly. Bring it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did this race back to back in 2016 and 2017 and really enjoyed it as we had moved to Riverside county.
Big turn out of San Diego triathletes also.
Quote Reply
Re: Cal Tri Lake Perris - May 9th [Stafford Brown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Top 10 Teams representing on race day are listed below.
51 - California Triathlon

24 - Triathlon Club of San Diego

15 - Team Zoot
12 - Giddy Up Multisport Coaching
12 - Salamander Endurance
11 - FitSisters Elite
7 - Ramona Elementary
4 - HERevolution
4 - Wattie Ink.
3 - Cavalier
Last edited by: DraftHorse: Apr 22, 21 12:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The race went off without a hitch yesterday. Great turn out - it was a blast racing again in CA.

The bike course was actually on the harder side of the oly courses. Some technical sections and two fair climbs. Some road sections could use some repaving, but that's the case almost every where in SoCal.

Quote Reply
Re: Cal Tri Lake Perris - May 9th [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad to hear So Cal got a race to happen. Does anyone know of any early summer sprint tris that are going to happen in Socal?
Quote Reply
Re: Cal Tri Lake Perris - May 9th [Abergili] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bass Lake is sold out. I hear that Goleta tri might happen. Hermosa Beach seems to be moving forward. June Lake is on.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
California needs to be split into 3 states at least. Yes I definitely got FOMO for not going to this one.. but it's quite far for me. It baffles me San Diego is birthplace of triathlon yet severe lack of events (this is true for crit racing too).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My daughter is moving to isla vista Aug 1st maybe the Goleta thing will happen and work out for me. It looks like the earliest one on the books in So Cal is the Legacy triathlon in Long Beach in July. They state no refunds if cancelled so I am hesitant to enter that one. Also there is HB pier swim in June 12 for anyone that wants to do an open water swim. I guess I am just going to shift my focus to August to do a triathlon, still have time to get in shape hahaha.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad to hear you enjoyed it Alex . RD uploaded website with Race Pictures . Weather stayed nice, cool and overcast. The Lake was beautiful and clean to swim in. Water temp a very comfortable 64F. Like every race Pre-riding the course helped a lot here. And the new course is a huge improvement over going back and forth 3X between the 2 park gates on that main road. My only issues was there was some car traffic on Vista del Lago during the descent and i would expect the sand on the corners to be swept. Overall Nice Location
Last edited by: DraftHorse: May 13, 21 19:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DraftHorse wrote:
Glad to hear you enjoyed it Alex . RD uploaded website with Race Pictures . Weather stayed nice, cool and overcast. The Lake was beautiful and clean to swim in. Water temp a very comfortable 64F. Like every race Pre-riding the course helped a lot here. And the new course is a huge improvement over going back and forth 3X between the 2 park gates on that main road. My only issues was there was some car traffic on Vista del Lago during the descent and i would expect the sand on the corners to be swept. Overall Nice Location

Yep - hear you on the sand. But all in all, it was nice to get to race in our beautiful corner of the world....

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
alex_korr wrote:
Yep - hear you on the sand. But all in all, it was nice to get to race in our beautiful corner of the world....

nice run split. guessing you had bike issues, compared to your other results? yea its that ST investigation thing ha ha
Quote Reply
Re: Cal Tri Lake Perris - May 9th [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
alex_korr wrote:

nice run split. guessing you had bike issues, compared to your other results? yea its that ST investigation thing ha ha

Thanks. Spent all winter doing a long run block. Have not been in the pool or ridden a single mile from roughly the last Thanksgiving til about the end of March. So lotsa run fitness, and very little in the S/B department. Working on it now....

Quote Reply