Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cable routing on TT bike
Quote | Reply
I've just finished assembling my TT bike and was wondering how you guys route your cables.

I'm using Syntace C2 clips ons with bar end shifters. At first I just let the shifter cables swing down to the the lugs on the frame but I didn't like the look.

Now I have the shifter cables up over the handlebars and it seems okay. Shifting is fine and the cables are really out of the way.

So how you route your shifter cables?

Mark
Quote Reply
Re: Cable routing on TT bike [mdileo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I route the cable straight out of the shifter along the Syntace aerobar. I tape the cable housing to the aerobar until just before the stem. The cable then runs down (or up over the stem if you have a Zipp 2001) under the handle bars and stem and into the frame. This way they don't stick out at all and it looks very clean. Shifting works just great! I even use a ziptie sometimes where the cables all cross under the stem. connecting them loosely together. This keeps them in front of the headtube area making it even cleaner. The ziptie should not be too tight. Just loose enough that the cables can move slightly in the ziptie.

Good luck!

Paul
Quote Reply