Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

CO2 Systems?
Quote | Reply
I'm thinking about using a CO2 system for the upcoming season and wondering what advice you all can offer about the pros and cons of different brands/models(Innovations/Superflate/Zefal), and the different features (trigger mechanisms vs. press on valves, threaded vs. unthreaded cartridges).

Thanks in advance,

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: CO2 Systems? [pkwching] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm currently using the Inovations threaded system. I also have one that uses unthreaded co2. The biggest difference that I've found is that the threaded press-on adapter is fast and can use the 16g cylinders. With the unthreaded 12g cylinders I have to use two to get the pressure in the tire right. I think that the ease of use as well as the 16g co2 makes the Inovations the way to go.

1*
Quote Reply
Re: CO2 Systems? [Slider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Innovations makes the 'Innovations Ultraflate Pro' which accepts all threaded and non-threaded 12g and 16g cartridges so you can use any cylinder you can get your hands on. The 16g are great b/c you only need 1 to fill the tire. Threadless are cheaper the threaded.

A
Quote Reply
Re: CO2 Systems? [pkwching] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Once on a solo ride I was relying on CO2, and I had a flat and one cartridge was about 1/4 full for some reason. The next cartridge, I wasted most of the air. This was followed by a six–mile walk to my car at night through some rough neighborhoods in my flashy riding outfit. Fortunately, I was wearing mountain bike shoes with recessed cleats. I’ve not completely given up on cartridges, but now you better believe I carry a frame pump.
Quote Reply
Re: CO2 Systems? [Ed Reid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Innovations makes the second wind IH, which has a very small backup pump as part of the CO2 unit. It also accepts threaded or threadless cartrides and automatically accepts presta or schrader. It is a little larger than the other setups but it still fits in my bike bag. Sometimes I will even give the tire a couple of quick pumps, then empty a 12g cartridge into the tire. It works much faster than using a pump, and ensures I get 125psi in my tire. Best place to get cartridges: Walmart or any big dept. store that sells guns. You can get a big box(of the threadless kind) for dirt cheap.

Description:
Second Wind offers riders instant CO2 inflation with a manual mini-pump back-up feature
  • Supports Presta and Schrader valves in the same opening with no threading necessary-just push on and inflate
  • Pump is small enough to carry in your seat bag
  • Uses threaded CO2 cylinders
  • Includes one 16g threaded cylinder

• Quote Reply