Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

CBTT is back for 2021
Quote | Reply
For those of you in the Greater Boston area,

Looks like 'legendary' Charlie Baker Time Trial is back on for the 2021 season.

Registration is online only and is now available on BikeReg. Anyone here interested?

I first started getting seriously into individual TT riding right at the onset of the pandemic, and have been looking forward to the return of this event for some time now. Really excited to join as a participant and do this loop with some other great riders rather than just as a solo training excursion.

Additionally, for those who may be Boston/Cambridge/Somerville/etc locals, I am starting a similar (and free) Time Trial training series around the Mystic Lakes in Arlington MA - Check out the Charles River Wheelers page for details on that one. It won't be as formal as CBTT, but offers another opportunity to get involved with the TT community and get some more miles in.

Clubs/Affiliations: The Rippers / Charles River Wheelers / Cambridge Sports Union
Last edited by: adoucett: Apr 30, 21 8:32
Quote Reply
Re: CBTT is back for 2021 [adoucett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fellow ripper! I hope to get in on the mystic lake action (not a member of CRW but seems worthwhile!) as well as CBTT, I haven't done it in ages and I can definitely beat my previous best
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good to hear! Not sure I'm in top bike shape to give it a rip, but it's a fun loop. Almost all of my riding is on Zwift now, but I should probably get a few outdoor rides in before a June race!

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: CBTT is back for 2021 [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I train mostly indoors as well (it's just easier for structured stuff where I am) but I've done some outside trainerroad workouts in southern MA when visiting my parents and a loop in Falmouth last week while we were on vacation there. Seems like at 260ish watts, whilst wearing my CX skinsuit and a lazer bullet helmet (plus gp5000 tires), I average around 21.5 on my base model Allez with the stock Axis Sport wheels. Normally I've tried not to care about speed and segments, preferring just to watch watts, but my mind has gone to trying to make marginal gains without going big like new wheels (and from what I see, the benefit of deeper wheels can be slightly overrated). I've got 42cm bars and I'm thinking of going 40cm and aero shaped, plus I could always shave my chewbacca level legs. So I'm hoping that goes some ways for getting some seconds.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad to hear the CBTT is back. If I every get my knee and hip healthy I'll probably jump in, but I know my fitness is way off. I would only consider the Mystic loop early in the morning, way too sketchy otherwise.
Quote Reply
Re: CBTT is back for 2021 [JDinMA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, the rotaries in Medford and the stoplights on rt 3 (I think they may be no turn on red, the one in winchester definitely is) may make it challenging depending on the time
Quote Reply