Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Buying two helmets and returning one
Quote | Reply
I'm in the market for a new helmet and I'm torn between the POC Octal and the Kask Protone. No one in my area carries either of these brands, but I'm debating buying both and sending the one that I like less back to the supplier—likely Amazon.

Thoughts?

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Buying two helmets and returning one [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As long as you are wearing underwear when you try them on I don't see a problem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have Protone and tried POC. If you have a big head, I don't recommend POC. POC is more bulky than Protone. Protone fits more snug.
Quote Reply
Re: Buying two helmets and returning one [mdtrihard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will definitely need to remember this.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did this with the last mtb helmet as i was on the cusp of 2 sizes.

Used a Co where the returns were free or at least v low cost (not having to spend £10 or £15 with the Post Office / Royal Mail).
Quote Reply
Re: Buying two helmets and returning one [mdtrihard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"As long as you are wearing underwear when you try them on I don't see a problem."

Use the tried and true Blackadder WWI method - even prevents respiratory contamination of the face plate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do this with running shoes all the time. I'll buy 2 sizes and return one. No biggie. Just did it with Hoka. They have free return shipping.

"The first virtue in a soldier is endurance of fatigue; courage is only the second virtue."
- Napoleon Bonaparte
Quote Reply