Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Buying my first Wetsuit, tips?
Quote | Reply
Title pretty much says it all, im doing IMTX 70.3 and am wanting to get a wetsuit for it. what are some good all around wetsuits for a first time buyer? Brands i am considering: orca, blue seventy, 2xu, aquashere, Xterra.....

Thanks for any help!

Flickr:Csstone495
Twitter:Csstone495
Quote Reply
Re: Buying my first Wetsuit, tips? [Csstone495] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For your first wetsuit, make sure you get the right fit.

Find a shop that can advise you, show you how to put it on/take it off, and will let you return the suit after a swim or two if it doesn't fit.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ditto to Titanflexer, fit, fit, fit. Do not buy online unless you know the return policy. One exception would be desoto if you are interested in a two piece. Their customer service is incredible and could fit you pretty well over the phone. That and if it does not fit there return policy is stellar.

Advantage of two piece is you can buy a different size top and pants and you get a bit more flexibility in sizing from the crotch to sternum area.

Best,
GS
Quote Reply
Re: Buying my first Wetsuit, tips? [rockfish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got a DeSoto two piece wetsuit and its great. I'm not easy to fit and the two piece gave me a lot of option. The staff were really helpfull in finding the right size and also the return policy is a big plus

Formely stef32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have to say ditto on the Desoto. I had a Zoot sleeveless before and it never felt right. I researched the heck out of everything and finally called Desoto directly and talked to them. I talked to Greg Smeltzer with Desoto and he asked for a few simple measurement and bam he told me what I needed. The fit was perfect and they even told me, go ahead take to a pool and try out. If your not happy we will be more than glad to take it back. Their service was awesome and I love their two piece suit to death.

The nice thing about the two piece is you can split it up if the water temps get warmer and you want to just use the bottom for a little float for a bit. They also have the speed version of things which is meant for the warm stuff. I bought their t1 Firstwave set up and love it. Plus another benefit of having a two piece is if the top gets a snag or the bottom gets a snag you don't have to replace the whole suit. Or if you lose weight you can adjust a lot easier.

Take some time and watch the videos on Desoto's stuff. It seems like a lot to deal with while heading into T1 but its actually a ton faster.

A+++ for Desoto 2+

Thanks Greg
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Make sure it fits well, and not just as your standing straight up. It's unlikely you will be able to jump in a lake for a test swim but if you can get someone to make sure you have it on correctly (enough material for your reach and don't rip it) and do some good ole fashion dry-land swimming to see if its comfortable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------