Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Buying a wetsuit at IM(race site)has anyone had to? Advice Please!
Quote | Reply
I left a message for Tim at ironmansuits and for Tom d on another thread. Neither has had time to answer yet. So I thought I would ask you all also. Previosly I rented a suit. This year I need to buy one. Here is my question. I live in Montana and there is NO place to buy a suit let alone try one on. This leaves me with buying on-line,unless.........Is it a good option to buy a suit at IMCDA? Are all the competitors there? Are there ever discounts there? Are they well stocked ect...?If the answers are yes,would anyone recommend buying this way so I can try some on first ect...?Or is it to big a risk to wait,ie getting to CDA and find there is none in my size at any of the demo tents ect...? Thanks for any input Kenney
Last edited by: Kenney: Mar 11, 04 10:26
Quote Reply
Re: Buying a wetsuit at IM(race site)has anyone had to? Advice Please! [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This does not answer your question but poses a new, similar, one.
I have a sleeveless and want a full suit for IMUSA. Does anyone know if I can rent one to race in there?
Quote Reply
Re: Buying a wetsuit at IM(race site)has anyone had to? Advice Please! [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't see leaving it up to chance right before the race. Why don't you call or email Desoto and they will fit you perfectly. If things aren't perfect with the first suit they send, they will get the right one to you asap. They fit me perfectly after one call. P.S. It also happens to be an awesome wetsuit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
P.S.S. See Monty's T1 wetsuit deal thread below.......
Quote Reply
Re: Buying a wetsuit at IM(race site)has anyone had to? Advice Please! [Herschel34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last year I rented a full suit from inside out sports. Payed for a couple of months in advance and picked up at ther tent at CDA when I got there. Cost about $35.
Quote Reply
Re: Buying a wetsuit at IM(race site)has anyone had to? Advice Please! [Triman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am thinking of doing just that. After reading Tom's thread I was curious if all the distributors were all there. I know I could get fit somewhat correctly although I read posts such as Jaylew who said the T did not fit quite right. Just did not know if it is an option to be able to try out different suits there. Thanks though. Kenney
Quote Reply
Re: Buying a wetsuit at IM(race site)has anyone had to? Advice Please! [Triman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the link on the thread for Monty's. Did not know if I have other options. ...............Sure wish there were some Tri shops here!
Quote Reply
Re: Buying a wetsuit at IM(race site)has anyone had to? Advice Please! [Herschel34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Give a call over to Bryan at High Peaks Cyclery in Lake Placid. Good group and Bryan can probably set you up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Kenney,

You should have received emails from both Tim and Bryan at Ironman Wetsuits, but if there is a problem, or you have any further questions feel free to follow them up with me.

I fitted a lot of people into suits before the race at IMNZ, and in my opinion swithching into a suit in the 3-5 days before an Ironman swim is one of hte lower risk equipment changes that you can make, especially if the alternative is no wetsuit.

If you can get out and swim 2-3 times for 30mins a time pre race then you should be fine to compete on the suit on race day. Getting the suit earlier is nice, but not essential.

Regards

Steve Nicholls, Ironman Wetsuits, steve@ironmanwetsuits.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought one at Forster last year and swam in it no problems. The only way to see if it fits is to have a few on hand and swim in them. Any opportunity you get to do that I would take, you can't tell in a store or from a sizing chart.
Quote Reply