Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Buying a new bike - help me choose!
Quote | Reply
It’s new bike time and I’m in need of some help. I know fit being the primary issue, I’ve narrowed down to a few options. All Ultegra Di2.

BMC Time Machine 01 Three
BMC Time Machine 02 One
Blue Triad Elite
Quintana Roo PR5 Disc
Quotana Roo PR5 Team Edition

Curious on thoughts. Especially with differences between models. Time Machine for example major difference seems to be integrated stem. Will I miss it for an extra $1,000? QR bikes, are disc brakes that important? Wheels aren’t important, I’ll likely sell them anyhow because I like my existing wheel set.

Thanks for your thoughts!
Quote Reply
Re: Buying a new bike - help me choose! [cmd111183] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As long as they all fit you, the BMC is a pretty amazing bike and quite adjustable. Not that the other options are bad, they are all very good bikes.

For the BMC, definitely go with the integrated fork/stem. It makes the front end rock solid. Raced a BMC TM01 for a few seasons before I switched to Ventum.

"Suddenly the thought struck me. My floor is someone elses ceiling"-Nils Ferlin
Last edited by: audiojan: Aug 1, 18 6:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had a good conversation with the QR guys out at IMLP. It seems like the adoption rate for disc is much higher than anticipated - somewhere between 35-40% according to the guys I talked to. Most of them are going with the upgraded wheels at that point, as it's disc.

I don't think you can really go wrong with any of them, although the ease of travel with PR series bikes would point me in that direction.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The easy answer is buy the one you like the most and/or has the features you like. QR have the draft box (like trek) and those are really handy for storage.
Any reason you aren't considering a trek SC?
Quote Reply
Re: Buying a new bike - help me choose! [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No good reason other than I haven't had much luck finding them pre-built with Di2. Looks like I can custom build a Project 9, but that's out of my price range. Couldn't find a stock model with Di2 Ultegra though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But you can buy a frameset (module), MSRP 3k, then build it up any way you want.

https://www.trekbikes.com/...055/?colorCode=black
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cmd111183 wrote:
Wheels aren’t important, I’ll likely sell them anyhow because I like my existing wheel set.

Do you have a disc wheelset?

--Chris
Quote Reply
Re: Buying a new bike - help me choose! [chriselam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chriselam wrote:
cmd111183 wrote:
Wheels aren’t important, I’ll likely sell them anyhow because I like my existing wheel set.

Do you have a disc wheelset?

Do not. That’s being taken into consideration in purchase decision.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by windschatten [ In reply to ]
Re: Buying a new bike - help me choose! [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

WOW. That's some shit. I'm leaning towards a QR PRSix currently. Still open to being convinced otherwise if folks have an opinion because I've only ever owned a Blue. But as a bigger rider, having a little flex cause the frame to grab the front tire is scary.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cmd111183 wrote:

WOW. That's some shit. I'm leaning towards a QR PRSix currently. Still open to being convinced otherwise if folks have an opinion because I've only ever owned a Blue. But as a bigger rider, having a little flex cause the frame to grab the front tire is scary.

Hi!
Did you buy the prsix finally? I am looking differents models of bikes, one of these is prsix (another are kestrel 5000sl and canyon cf slx). I am interesting in your opinion about prsix if you have it

Regards
Quote Reply
Re: Buying a new bike - help me choose! [felipe.g.c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
felipe.g.c wrote:
cmd111183 wrote:

Hi!
Did you buy the prsix finally? I am looking differents models of bikes, one of these is prsix (another are kestrel 5000sl and canyon cf slx). I am interesting in your opinion about prsix if you have it

Regards

I actually ended up buying a BMC TM01-Three. It's being built currently so can't provide feedback quite yet!
Quote Reply