Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Buy a Ventum... get a 2018 Kona Slot???
Quote | Reply
Surprised nobody posted this yet and there is no * at the end of this one. If I am reading this right you buy a top of the Ventum and you are in for 2018 Kona. On the flip side, this should hurt the 2019 marketing campaign right in terms of the number of minutes saved?

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Buy a Ventum... get a 2018 Kona Slot??? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now that the Ashley Horner thread is dying down we need new outrage.

500 posts by when???

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So Cody can go this year? ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Buy a Ventum... get a 2018 Kona Slot??? [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like a good opportunity to extend Ashley's 15-minutes. Given that she was a millionaire a few years back (2015 insta post), and you can imagine with another couple of years of brand building + investment return we should surmise that her net worth is on the magnitude of say $10,000,000. She can easily afford a top of the line Ventum and I bet she can capitalize on that investment 10x + increase the funding to Maison group even more. Sounds like a win, win, win, win to me. The only thing left for Ashley to do is lock up a popcorn sponsor so her haters can hate at a discount. My recommendation is Amish Country Popcorn - their red hull popcorn is amazing.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Buy a Ventum... get a 2018 Kona Slot??? [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe their new marketing headline should be... Ventum riders finish the Ironman World Championship qualification race up to 17 HOURS FASTER
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Sounds like a good opportunity to extend Ashley's 15-minutes. Given that she was a millionaire a few years back (2015 insta post), and you can imagine with another couple of years of brand building + investment return we should surmise that her net worth is on the magnitude of say $10,000,000. She can easily afford a top of the line Ventum and I bet she can capitalize on that investment 10x + increase the funding to Maison group even more. Sounds like a win, win, win, win to me. The only thing left for Ashley to do is lock up a popcorn sponsor so her haters can hate at a discount. My recommendation is Amish Country Popcorn - their red hull popcorn is amazing.

Dude, someone should start a gofundme to buy Ashley Horner a Ventum so that she can go to Kona. ST would suffer a nuclear meltdown.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The website now says

Quote:
For a limited time, customers purchasing a new IRONMAN by Ventum bike will be eligible to receive a free IRONMAN race registration. The race registration may be used for any race operated by IRONMAN in 2018 or 2019 (excluding championship races), even if the race is already sold out!

.. for the Kona Ventum Bike. So are all the kona slots already sold out? How much slower would one go on a Ventum compared to a DIY P2-6 ? I remember the Ventum testing slower than all other bikes tested in one wind tunnel study.
Last edited by: surrey85: Aug 23, 18 22:07
Quote Reply
Re: Buy a Ventum... get a 2018 Kona Slot??? [surrey85] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not materially slower and once you account for hydration it might be a wash. The Ventum has a very convenient hydration location and I don't think that should be discounted.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope Ashley Horner buys the bike then rocks up and wins her age group, just to put all the haters in their place....
Quote Reply
Re: Buy a Ventum... get a 2018 Kona Slot??? [rock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ventum.

Build an ugly bike that is not particularly fast. Build an even uglier marketing strategy around the bike. What a joke.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It says Ironman entry, excluding Championship events; I think that's pretty explicit.

Plus it doesn't have the 3D printed Ti jockey wheels - I'm out.

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Re: Buy a Ventum... get a 2018 Kona Slot??? [Jorgan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It isnt so explicit seeing how the co-founder of Ventum literally said on Facebook
Quote:
"buy a Ventum IM Edition and get a start at Kona"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you think this is for rich people this might actually be much cheaper than qualifying. When you count the cost of equipment over several years, coaching, time/energy put into training, doing several IMs to qualify with travel expenses etc. you might as well shell out 10k for this, get a dope bike and save several thousand dollars too.

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Re: Buy a Ventum... get a 2018 Kona Slot??? [trailerhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ventum has a hell of an advertising budget. How much revenue is coming in to offset it?
Quote Reply
Re: Buy a Ventum... get a 2018 Kona Slot??? [Poon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Poon wrote:
Ventum has a hell of an advertising budget. How much revenue is coming in to offset it?

thats a damn good guestion.For a very small bicycle company and a huge commitment with Ironman I dont get it.
I dont see a return on thier investment.
Last edited by: Constantine: Aug 24, 18 3:31
Quote Reply
Re: Buy a Ventum... get a 2018 Kona Slot??? [Darren325] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was fast enough to win an IM race last weekend and the 2nd and 3rd place females were also riding one.
Quote Reply
Re: Buy a Ventum... get a 2018 Kona Slot??? [surrey85] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
surrey85 wrote:
The website now says

Quote:
For a limited time, customers purchasing a new IRONMAN by Ventum bike will be eligible to receive a free IRONMAN race registration. The race registration may be used for any race operated by IRONMAN in 2018 or 2019 (excluding championship races), even if the race is already sold out!

.. for the Kona Ventum Bike. So are all the kona slots already sold out? How much slower would one go on a Ventum compared to a DIY P2-6 ? I remember the Ventum testing slower than all other bikes tested in one wind tunnel study.

I still see it explicitly mentioning Kona & World Championships. What garbage, but I guess there any many ways to buy your entry as it is right now, I wonder if this is the most cost effective though?
Quote Reply
Re: Buy a Ventum... get a 2018 Kona Slot??? [imdtucker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
imdtucker wrote:
I still see it explicitly mentioning Kona & World Championships. What garbage, but I guess there any many ways to buy your entry as it is right now, I wonder if this is the most cost effective though?

This is nothing new - certain sponsors have always gotten slots to do with what they please.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Buy a Ventum... get a 2018 Kona Slot??? [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went to the venting web page and it only says entry to a non championship event, so not sure why they a putting it out there like you get to go to Kona?
Quote Reply
Re: Buy a Ventum... get a 2018 Kona Slot??? [Gilliga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gilliga wrote:
I went to the venting web page and it only says entry to a non championship event, so not sure why they a putting it out there like you get to go to Kona?

Facebook is still showing the ad for the Kona. If you click that it goes over all the terms. You have to buy the bike by 8/28 and have done a 70.3 to validate your spot.
Quote Reply
Re: Buy a Ventum... get a 2018 Kona Slot??? [Gilliga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gilliga wrote:

The Ventum website is very clear. This is for a Kona slot.

Quote:
In celebration of the 40th edition of the IRONMAN™ World Championship in Kailua-Kona, and our recent partnership, Ventum is proud to announce that we are able to provide the experience of the IRONMAN™ World Championship in Kona.

The purchase of the top of the line, IRONMAN™ by Ventum branded Ventum One; fully equipped with ENVE wheels, Pioneer power meter, and Shimano Dura-Ace Components, will offer a limited number of athletes the unique opportunity to register for the 2018 edition of the IRONMAN™ World Championship.

Quote:
In order to be eligible for the opportunity to purchase a slot in IRONMAN™ World Championships in Kailua-Kona the IRONMAN™ by Ventum bike order needs to be placed by Tuesday, August 28th.

Make no mistake about it. This is an advertising campaign. It's not a campaign to drive sales. Yes, they may get a handful of sales but nothing significant. The ROI is based on the eyeballs going to their webpage, social media and generally being talked about.

If this was a sales campaign they would have announced it much sooner and given folks more than 5 days to act.
Quote Reply
Re: Buy a Ventum... get a 2018 Kona Slot??? [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tossing in a Kona slot is the only way they are going to sell that ugly ass bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Buy a Ventum... get a 2018 Kona Slot??? [T3_Beer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm just wondering, if you are obligated to ride the bike, or just need to buy it.
Quote Reply
Re: Buy a Ventum... get a 2018 Kona Slot??? [Art M.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't feel right doing it. Everyone would look down on you for getting there this way, and you'd know you didn't earn it at all.

At least with Legacy (which I'm a long ways off from) you have to at least work your ass off for many years to get there...
Quote Reply

Prev Next