Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Business Trip to Singapore. Looking to do something weekend of July 14th 15th
Quote | Reply
USA citizen on business trip to Asia. Will be leaving Philippines on Friday for Singapore. I’ll have all weekend in Singapore before work on Monday. I looked to see if I could jump into a race but all I could find is a Hello Kitty 5k that isn’t even a timed event. Thought it would be cool to do a race and come home with a tee shirt and some good memories. Any Singaporeans want to hook a brother up? Doing an open water swim with a local tri club would be cool. Maybe a trail run? Anything is better at this point than going golfing with a vendor that wants to meet with me.
Quote Reply
Re: Business Trip to Singapore. Looking to do something weekend of July 14th 15th [RallySavage] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If visiting Singapore as a runner is like visiting Hong Kong as a runner - and I'm guessing it kinda is - you might want to check out the hash runs. google got me this: http://www.hhhs.org.sg/
Quote Reply
Re: Business Trip to Singapore. Looking to do something weekend of July 14th 15th [RallySavage] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A few suggestions:
1) Trail run at Macritchie Reservoir Sunday 7AM http://mr25.org.sg/...acritchie-reservoir/
2) Mountain bike on Pulau Ubin
3) Rent a bike on East Coast Park on Sat or Sunday and see hordes of weekenders
4) Swim in the Sentosa lagoon
5) Take a day trip to Bintan, hang out at the Nirwana pool and swim in clean South China Sea water
6) Find somewhere to rent a good bike, take a bum boat to Malaysia from Changi, and do a long ride to the coast and back
7) Run the Southern Ridges trail. Could also go to Bukit Timah.
8) Run through Gardens By the Bay. Start from behind Marina Bay Sands, cross Marina Barrage to east bay

Andrew Inkpen
Quote Reply
Re: Business Trip to Singapore. Looking to do something weekend of July 14th 15th [AndrewPhx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndrewPhx wrote:
A few suggestions:
1) Trail run at Macritchie Reservoir Sunday 7AM http://mr25.org.sg/...acritchie-reservoir/
2) Mountain bike on Pulau Ubin
3) Rent a bike on East Coast Park on Sat or Sunday and see hordes of weekenders
4) Swim in the Sentosa lagoon
5) Take a day trip to Bintan, hang out at the Nirwana pool and swim in clean South China Sea water
6) Find somewhere to rent a good bike, take a bum boat to Malaysia from Changi, and do a long ride to the coast and back
7) Run the Southern Ridges trail. Could also go to Bukit Timah.
8) Run through Gardens By the Bay. Start from behind Marina Bay Sands, cross Marina Barrage to east bay

All the above are geat suggestions, the run round macritchie is great and there are showers and change facilities by the dam. Be prepared to struggle in the heat, I'm from Australia and running in the humidity was horrendous.

I hired a road bike from fabcycle in the city, and got hold of a mountain bike from bikehaus near bukit temah. Good luck. Take water...
Quote Reply