Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Bundesliga Kicks Back off (German Pro Soccer League) May 16th [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have only one thing to say:

Last edited by: BrickMick: May 17, 20 18:08
Quote Reply
Re: Bundesliga Kicks Back off (German Pro Soccer League) May 16th [BrickMick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was on a biz trip in Dresden around 4 years ago and entered a bar, and Bayern Munich was playing someone else. I asked some of the people in the bar who they were cheering for. The answer was, "anyone but Bayern". It was a Bundesliga match. The next week Bayern had a match in the Champion's league with Ateletico Madrid so I asked, "So you are going for Atletico?"....to which the answer was, "Of course we go for Bayern in Champion's league" :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Bundesliga Kicks Back off (German Pro Soccer League) May 16th [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was in a bar in Berlin in 1999 for the 1999 champions league final. Almost everyone, including the Germans, was cheering for man u.
Quote Reply
Re: Bundesliga Kicks Back off (German Pro Soccer League) May 16th [stevie g] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevie g wrote:
Thank the lord for German football bets Saturday morning in weeks, I'd watched all my old go too for off seasons:

86 world cup Goal Video
Rangers FC season wraps especially Brian Laudrap years
Raith Rovers Coca Cola Cup win against Celtic 1994 and then the UEFA Cup run against Bayern Munich up 2-1 at one point at the Olympic Stadium.
82 world cup, how Brazil don't win with that team
Liverpool 85-86 double

And the odd documentary about life on the terraces

On the treadmill I've watched last years FIFA Club World Cup victory a few times now mostly because it's the only game I have taped on my TV and the kids are always using the computer, but also cause Firmino's my fav.

Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: Bundesliga Kicks Back off (German Pro Soccer League) May 16th [Tri Bread] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With the Bayern here in Germany it is digital, you love them or you hate them, there is nothing in between. However, I suspect the Bayern have the largest fan base in Germany.
Quote Reply
Re: Bundesliga Kicks Back off (German Pro Soccer League) May 16th [BergHugi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BergHugi wrote:
With the Bayern here in Germany it is digital, you love them or you hate them, there is nothing in between. However, I suspect the Bayern have the largest fan base in Germany.

OK OK...keep it up all of you.

This is awesome. Now we're debating how much those in Munich, those in Germany and those of us outside Germany love or hate Bayern Munich rather than when and if Angela Merkel lifts XYZ on Covid19 lockdown and provides the rest of the free world a path out of this. In the mean time, we can enjoy normal human banter about sport.

What's next? We go back to complaining about the legality of Vaporfly's and if Kipchoge can replicate 1:59 at Berlin (whenever Berlin marathon happens again)....or if Lange will ride a distanced bike leg in Kona?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:

This is awesome. Now we're debating how much those in Munich, those in Germany and those of us outside Germany love or hate Bayern Munich rather than when and if Angela Merkel lifts XYZ on Covid19 lockdown and provides the rest of the free world a path out of this. In the mean time, we can enjoy normal human banter about sport.

It is not Angela Merkel who lifts XYZ on Covid19 but the regional Governors of the states. Therefore the lifts are different all over Germany.
Quote Reply
Re: Bundesliga Kicks Back off (German Pro Soccer League) May 16th [Tri Bread] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got busy with the kids being so young and initially did not appreciate Firminho as much. Then I got back into watching it, he is the key and bets player we have, well VVD is cool to

For some reason he can't score a goal at home, but he is the creative spark in this team. Really good to see the interest in Football from adults in the USA compared to last time I lived here in 2008.

If you love Liverpool, jump onto Liverpool FCTV you get freefor a month right now the 85/86 season review is there, which is really important as it was Post Heysel.

There are no sub titles for Kenny Dalglish
Quote Reply
Re: Bundesliga Kicks Back off (German Pro Soccer League) May 16th [BrickMick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.football365.com/...-lead-against-bayern

Best score board in the history of my home team of 49,000 people, we beat Celtic in league Cup to get into Europe. That Celtic team had:

Tom Boyd
Charlie Nicholas (legend)
Paul McStay (ghost, awesome and hated)
John collins

Ok Bayern ended up pumping us but that cup run paid for a few years of premier league glory and a new stadium before the board took all the money.
Quote Reply
Re: Bundesliga Kicks Back off (German Pro Soccer League) May 16th [stevie g] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevie g wrote:
I got busy with the kids being so young and initially did not appreciate Firminho as much. Then I got back into watching it, he is the key and bets player we have, well VVD is cool to

For some reason he can't score a goal at home, but he is the creative spark in this team. Really good to see the interest in Football from adults in the USA compared to last time I lived here in 2008.

If you love Liverpool, jump onto Liverpool FCTV you get freefor a month right now the 85/86 season review is there, which is really important as it was Post Heysel.

There are no sub titles for Kenny Dalglish

Thanks for the TV tip. Don’t know much about the old teams but was just given “Red Men - A Liverpool Football Club Biography” by John Williams for my birthday, which looks like it focuses on the early years.
Last edited by: Tri Bread: May 18, 20 7:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ditto! (It's not my fault: I'm from northern Germany, but growing up, one of my brothers was a HSV fan and the other a Bayern fan. The HSV fan brother teased me relentlessly as a kid so by default I became a Bayern fan...).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You tube has endless videos of the glory years 1970 through to about 1990, When we were Kings is Brilliant less of the Football and just really good insight into the mindset of champions, Mainly Souness and Dalglish.
Quote Reply
Re: Bundesliga Kicks Back off (German Pro Soccer League) May 16th [The Kraut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Kraut wrote:
Ditto! (It's not my fault: I'm from northern Germany, but growing up, one of my brothers was a HSV fan and the other a Bayern fan. The HSV fan brother teased me relentlessly as a kid so by default I became a Bayern fan...).

Should have went for St. Pauli. Bet your HSV brother isnt quite enjoying things. So much for the team that had never been never relegated, until it was
Last edited by: echappist: May 18, 20 8:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dev,
See what you have started ! Not too much discussion on the protocol or safety of the players but a hornets nest has been stirred !
50 years ago I walked through the turnstiles at Old Trafford and stood in the Stretford End to watch my beloved Man United , Law , Best , Charlton were my childhood idols .
I have still the same interest/ passion/ dedication to the football club as I close in on my 65th birthday .
Yes we are concerned about the well being of the players , but cannot wait to watch 90 minutes of high level football regardless of any issues .
Quote Reply
Re: Bundesliga Kicks Back off (German Pro Soccer League) May 16th [sward] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not much high level happening at Old Trafford these days, unless you are playing Liverpool
Quote Reply
Re: Bundesliga Kicks Back off (German Pro Soccer League) May 16th [sward] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sward wrote:
Dev,
See what you have started ! Not too much discussion on the protocol or safety of the players but a hornets nest has been stirred !
50 years ago I walked through the turnstiles at Old Trafford and stood in the Stretford End to watch my beloved Man United , Law , Best , Charlton were my childhood idols .
I have still the same interest/ passion/ dedication to the football club as I close in on my 65th birthday .
Yes we are concerned about the well being of the players , but cannot wait to watch 90 minutes of high level football regardless of any issues .

Hey, I just read that the English Premier league is going back to practice and all Spanish clubs are cleared to go do the same. My 2 cents is that almost nothing will happen to the players. A few will get sick from Covid19, sit out, and come back to playing. They will be in each other's space, trading sweat and droplets continuously. Almost nothing will happen to them because they are young and have good cardio and lots of headroom to deliver oxygen to their bodies IF they get it. Assuming they are kept in their bubble, they will be no threat to the public, but mainly they will show that young people can do sport around each other and work around and not hurt each other. In the mean time, the rest of us will enjoy football again. Its my first sport, so I don't really care who is playing, I'll be watching live sport.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sward wrote:
Dev,

Frankfurt vs Bayern for live sport (sure beats Lionel on Zwift)

So is it "anyone but Bayern" even though Frankfurt has not chance???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not professional sport, but club footy has been practicing in Australia for a week and the first matches back are the 5th of June. Kids are going back to school in both Australia and New Zealand.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Bundesliga Kicks Back off (German Pro Soccer League) May 16th [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nobody cares about Liverpool let’s be honest ,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
steady, we need two games.

I'd take Man U success over all these insta oil magnates bought success, Frank Stapleton, Viv Anderson, Brian Mclair Cantona
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
while it's good to see fans back in the Bundesliga, holy s***, they aren't wearing masks!!!

We know that singing and chanting is quite effective at transmission, and there really are no supporters more vocal than Bundesliga supporters. Great in normal times, probably okay when wearing masks, but masks off?

Chancellor Merkel won't be pleased to see this...
Quote Reply
Re: Bundesliga Kicks Back off (German Pro Soccer League) May 16th [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
while it's good to see fans back in the Bundesliga, holy s***, they aren't wearing masks!!!

We know that singing and chanting is quite effective at transmission, and there really are no supporters more vocal than Bundesliga supporters. Great in normal times, probably okay when wearing masks, but masks off?

Where masks were mandatory, masks were worn. In some stadiums, the fans were allowed to take off the masks once they arrived at their seats.

Greetings from the German Wine Route,
Roland
Quote Reply
Re: Bundesliga Kicks Back off (German Pro Soccer League) May 16th [RolandG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RolandG wrote:
echappist wrote:

Where masks were mandatory, masks were worn. In some stadiums, the fans were allowed to take off the masks once they arrived at their seats.

Seems misguided. People were sitting in pretty close proximity at Westfalenstadion and chanting (like good BvB 09 supporters ought to do). I certainly hope it all turns out okay
Quote Reply
Re: Bundesliga Kicks Back off (German Pro Soccer League) May 16th [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

YNWA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
Seems misguided. People were sitting in pretty close proximity at Westfalenstadion and chanting (like good BvB 09 supporters ought to do). I certainly hope it all turns out okay

Both the club and the City of Dortmund disagree with you. They state the match to be a success with the hygiene concept adhered to.

Greetings from the German Wine Route,
Roland
Quote Reply

Prev Next