Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Building a 2013 shiv sworks
Quote | Reply
Thinking about getting a 2013 shiv sworks module and building it up.... The module comes with cranks, seatpost, and the aero bars/extensions.

Some parts I'm thinking of getting:

- sram red components (f/r deraillers, f/r brake caliper, 11/28 cassette, chain).. my roadbike and mtn bike are all sram components so I like to stick to them since ive had good experience with sram
- sram r2c shifters
- sram tt900 brakes levers (is there a higher model)?
- quarq power meter for specialized cranks
- replacing bars with 3t venus ii or pro missile evo
- 808 zipps
- specialzied saddle tbd
- some tires

Am I missing anything?

Also, is di2 prefered setup for a high end tri bike or sramred equally as good? Whats the advantage to the di2 setup?
Quote Reply
Re: Building a 2013 shiv sworks [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A chain.
Cables & housing.
Bar tape.
Pedals (always useful)

-------------------------------
´Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.´

BMANX
Quote Reply
Re: Building a 2013 shiv sworks [Barchettaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Barchettaman wrote:
A chain.
Cables & housing.
Bar tape.
Pedals (always useful)

Oh yes, pedals.. I have an extra pair of ultegra carbon pedals.. I think those will do for now.. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whatever you go with make sure you work on the engine, as people will enjoy overtaking you. A lot :-)

-------------------------------
´Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.´

BMANX
Quote Reply
Re: Building a 2013 shiv sworks [Barchettaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Barchettaman wrote:
Whatever you go with make sure you work on the engine, as people will enjoy overtaking you. A lot :-)

Right now, I overtake most people with my swork tarmac road bike :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Training wheels, unless you're going to be "that guy" and ride 808's all the time...

Bob
Quote Reply