Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Brooks running alternative for racing
Quote | Reply
Long time Brooks user(Glycerin - neutral/cushion, normal width) which I predominantly do all of my training runs in. Anybody else switch out the training shoes for lighter race shoes and if so what brands have worked for you? I tried the Nike Vapor but toe box was too tight. Current Brooks come in at a 10.6 oz range.
Quote Reply
Re: Brooks running alternative for racing [johnny_5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you can try the brooks hyperion
Quote Reply
Re: Brooks running alternative for racing [SnowChicken] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SnowChicken wrote:
you can try the brooks hyperion

Yes I have seen them. Have you tried them? Looking at the reviews a lot blister complaints and been too narrow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you want a lighter Brooks shoe try the Launch if the Hyperion didn't work for you.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can buy any brooks shoe from brooks and try them out...if they don’t work for you they will take them back. I wouldn’t do that 10 times, but I returned a pair once when the next years model seemed completely different than the previous one I was wearing. I called after a week of use, about 3 runs, and they told me to try them for a bit longer probably hoping I would keep them, but I called back a week later and they took them back no questions asked.

I wear ghosts and glycerine to train in and older racer st’s for racing, but those will be done for soon probably.

The closest match to the glycerin for racing would probably be the Hyperion 6.4oz medium to high arch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In my work the Ravenna shows up more often than the Launch on men. Try both and I am sure one of them will work to compliment your Glycerin.

Dave Jewell
Free Run Speed

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm also a Glycerin for my main shoe and have the Hyperion for racing/traveling. I haven't had blister issues, but it is a bit tighter than the Glycerin for me. I haven't tried it, but the inside of the Hyperion seems very amenable to sockless wear if the fit was too snug.
Quote Reply
Re: Brooks running alternative for racing [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 for Launch. They're really lightweight but also provide enough cushioning. I've worn them in half and full marathons with no issues. The Ghost are also cushiony, but noticeably heavier than Launch. They have more room in the toe box, though, if that's a concern.

Hope this helps!
Quote Reply