Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Brooks pro 1970 to Selle SLR bad idea ?
Quote | Reply
 I have not changed saddles for a while as you can see. Is the SLR comfy or am I out of my mind thinking about such a change. The weight drop would be at least one pound . The bike is a 73 deg. alm.Fuji team Easton with no tri bars. The brooks is plush and I like the looks. My long race is a half IM Should I move into 2003 or stay retro.?
Thanks Dirtball
Quote Reply
Re: Brooks pro 1970 to Selle SLR bad idea ? [dirtball!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
don't do anything halfway. either all retro or none at all.

tommy
Quote Reply
Re: Brooks pro 1970 to Selle SLR bad idea ? [dirtball!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, saddles are personal affairs, much moreso than even pedals. But I wouldn't ride the SLR in an aero position for more than a 40k. I had one on my new Saber because I liked it so much on my road bike. After a couple of months use I had serious "issues" including a minor bout of prostatitis after a particularly jarring bump on an unfamiliar course. I swapped it out for the new Aspide Triathlon model, and no more dramas. Now if you are talking a more upright, road position well, I ride my SLR on 5-6 hour rides with no problems. Of course I haven't ridden a Brooks since the mid 1980s, but if memory serves correctly, if its comfort you're looking for, you will miss the Brooks. The new saddles take some getting used to. For you, I'd probably recommend moving to something like the Rolls, Concor, or even a Flite Gel model. The SLR may be too extreme at this point, even though I think it may be the most comfortable plastic/composite bodied saddle I've ever ridden on a road bike.
Quote Reply