Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Brooks GTS 18
Quote | Reply
I've been a Brooks GTS guy and bought each of the last three models (15-17). I have read many poor reviews on the latest release 18s. Has anyone tried them out? What other midrange supportive shoes (I don't want to hear about Hokas ;) ) have others had luck with?
Quote Reply
Re: Brooks GTS 18 [kissmybuckeye] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You couldn’t be more wrong, the 18s get amazing reviews.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I could never run in the old GTS, but like the new 18.
I am a bigger fan of the Ravenna, but it is nothing like your old shoes.
Hokas do not work for me at all.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Re: Brooks GTS 18 [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes there are slot of good reviews, but the ones that it tend to sift through are the ones where people are repeat buyers of the line. These people tend to say the shoe is getting worse with each update rather than better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't worn the previous GTS versions but bought the 18 recently because I don't like the new lacing pattern on the Ravennas. I quite like them and will be keeping them. I felt that they fit slightly better than the equivalent Mizunos which is another one of my previous staples.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you really want a new shoe the Saucony Guide is good. But if it ain’t broke...

kissmybuckeye wrote:
Yes there are slot of good reviews, but the ones that it tend to sift through are the ones where people are repeat buyers of the line. These people tend to say the shoe is getting worse with each update rather than better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IMO the 18's are better than the 17s. ymmv

Other shoes you may want to try:

361 Sensation 3 (much better than sensation 2's)
NB 860
Adidas Supernova ST
Asics GT 2000 or 3000 (the new flyte foam is a big step up vs their older Duramax imo)
Mizuno Wave inspire or catalyst
Saucony Guide

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I usually run in Hoka Arahi/Gaviota & Asics Kayano. I like them. They are very light and comfortable with just enough support.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have used the GTS 15-18. I love the new 18's. In my opinion they are the best GTS yet. They seem lighter and the new knit uppers are great for my wider feet. I plan to buy several this year before they go and change them again. Brooks has a great return policy(even after you have run in them) if you buy online through their store.
Quote Reply