Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Branson [TriWithT1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That guy ROCKED!!!!!!

I almost felt like I was letting him down doing 7MPH up that hill though.

what about the guy under the bridge on the run who just kept yelling positive stuff all day long. I think I smiled and waved the first two times around and grunted on the third.

There is not much to improve on for a first race, but I would agree with the 5 minute wave suggestion, and definitely with having some solid food around after the race.
Quote Reply
Re: Branson [ericj076] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here are a few pics of the day and of the high road...I can't wait to get the video from the helicoptor...

finish line early in the day...

high road bridge...

belt buckle awards...

Last edited by: sherpasports: Sep 22, 10 19:46
Quote Reply
Re: Branson [ranger5oh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
It was morning when you finished.... damn. I finshed after lunchtime

Ha, that probably wasn't the best way to say that. I finished in 5 hours flat so it was definitely after lunch. As flat as that run was it kicked my ass. I managed to not walk but it was hell at points. Fortunately there were some great things to look forward to on each lap like the guy with the hose, the cool air coming off the river and the awesome crowds after you ran through the transition area.

Quote Reply
Re: Branson [sniper100] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I almost forgot abou the guy on the top of the climb whistling!!! That was sweet and everyone else I fully agree the volunteers for this race were FANTASTIC! I will definitly go back and race again. I was able to put down a 2:43 bike split and manage an 8 min pace run... so I am hoping next year I can fair better in each category... the run was weird as I ended up running the same 7:40 pace but when I go to the aid station I had to walk through it and make SURE I got enough water, gaterade, gel, and salt in my system in order to finish out the day strong...will be looking to hit sub 5 on this course next year.

Kudos to the cold fountain... it was amazing!

Where did you get those pictures from?
Quote Reply
Re: Branson [mgmoehn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Found this video of the race: http://www.youtube.com/...ure=player_embedded#!
Quote Reply
Re: Branson [sparshall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mr. Lovato is the owner of a serious motor!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great stuff!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice video! Anyone have a panoramic view of the bike course that shows the hills in a broader perspective?
Quote Reply
Re: Branson [TJ56] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Branson [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
did I miss out on the finisher t-shirt and the bag... or didnt they give that stuff out this time?? I did get the regular t-shirt but nothing else...
Quote Reply
Re: Branson [sherpasports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
another pic...

Quote Reply
Re: Branson [treis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We tried to mix it up a bit...did the Branson 70.3 wine glasses instead...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome pics, I got that belt buckle too!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Excellent wine glass- - -actually I have converted it to a cognac glass........ Belt Buckle was pretty cool also
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow - what a great bike course!
Quote Reply
Re: Branson [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This was my first HIM, and I was beating myself up about my bad bike time and my very sub par run for me. I completely fell apart on the run worse than I have on any Marathon. It is good to see I was not alone in my misery.
Quote Reply
Re: Branson [wtt9808] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wtt9808 wrote:
Not a great day for my wife, and she did not even race! My son and I both raced, and my wife and son's wife were waiting for us at T2. Here's what happened. I get there in good shape, blow them a kiss, and take off running. My son arrives 45 minutes later, and looks awful (I'm told after I finish). He says he was kicked in the head at the end of the swim and had a headache and had thrown up several times. His wife, a nurse, insists that he seek medical attention. The doctor tells him he has a mild concussion and is dehydrated. She gives him something for the nausea and an IV. He feels better, asks if he can run, and they say yes! Meanwhile, my wife rushes to the finish line to cheer me in. I have been fighting off hamstring cramps for miles, but I am in the finishing chute, 30 feet from the finish line, when a massive cramp hits--I feel like I've been shot from behind and go down in a heap. Everytime I try to get up, it hits me like a brick and I go down again. The paramedic is with me, making sure I'm ok, and encouraging me on. I don't know what to do, so I crawl towards the finish line. Finally, I am able to drag myself up and limp across the line. The last 30 feet took me 7 minutes, and all the while my wife is watching this drama, she is worrying about our son running 13 miles in the heat with a concussion. He finishes the run stronger than I would have thought possible. We are both recovering (he still has a mild headache and my hamstrings are still sore), but I think it may still be a long recovery period for my wife. I can't wait for next year!

There's video of this. 1 minute and 19 seconds in:

Pretty badass IMO!
Quote Reply

Prev Next