Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Brake pads rubbing on rim (P5 & HED Jet Plus)
Quote | Reply
Bike gear experts and any P5 / HED Jet Plus owners….looking for some help. I have consistently has a problem with the pre mentioned set up (2015 P5 and Het Jet Plus) rubbing on both the front and back brake pads. I have taken to my LBS a few times and thought the issues was resolved…however, it is not unfortunately. From the looks of it, the front pads seem to have minimal distance and don’t rub all the time (but do when up and climbing) but the back is hit or miss…sometimes is feels okay, other times…the wheel barely moves. Its really hard to see given where the back brakes are, so I cant see if there is any distance in there but clearly from the noise and feel, there isn’t. Anyone else deal with this / similar? Any suggestions?
Last edited by: jonnies: Sep 8, 19 11:20
Quote Reply
Re: Brake pads rubbing on rim (P5 & HED Jet Plus) [jonnies] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What did the bike shop do to fix the problem?
Quote Reply
Re: Brake pads rubbing on rim (P5 & HED Jet Plus) [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
adjusted brake pads, re centered wheel...and the rest unsure of. whatever they did, it worked...but has now gone back to how it was previously.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How did they recenter the wheel?
Quote Reply
Re: Brake pads rubbing on rim (P5 & HED Jet Plus) [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
actually not really sure...and didnt ask just trusted and when it worked, flawlessly...felt like the issues was resolved
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like you just need to shave the brake pads down to make a little more room.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have enough brake pad to shave down? Some brakes+pads are just too narrow for these wide wheels.
Quote Reply
Re: Brake pads rubbing on rim (P5 & HED Jet Plus) [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
have you tried playing around with the screws at the end of your brake extensions? I have the red p5 is that the 2015?) and that's what I've had to do when putting my disc on and my hed jets back on (different width wheels)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For the back brake:
Point 1: Are you aware of the adjustment screw in the magura brake lever?
Point 2: You can move the rear wheel backwards (turn backwards the little adjustment screws in the horizontal slits in the frame where the rear wheel is mounted). Then you can move the brakepads in the caliper to the rear over the same extend. The arms of the caliper spread outwardly, so in this way you move the brakepads outwardly also. At the same time the rate of movement of the brakepads increases.

For the front:
Are you aware of the adjustment screw in the magura brake lever?
Last edited by: longtrousers: Sep 9, 19 0:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thinner washers on brake pads or replace calipers. I had to replace the calipers on my road bike when I went with wider rims, but I did use thinner washers as a temp solution.
Quote Reply