Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Both Di2 levers only shift RD
Quote | Reply
I'm building a new bike and I am having trouble figuring out the Ultegra Di2 adjustments. Both road levers will shift the RD. The FD will make a micro adjustment as the chain moves through the cassette so I know it has power.

Any idea? I have tired searching but haven't found anything that is hitting on this issue.

USAT Level II- Ironman U Certified Coach
Quote Reply
Re: Both Di2 levers only shift RD [Once-a-miler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like potentially syncro-shift is enabled. Does one side up shift the RD and the other downshift the RD? I.e. left side goes to a easier/larger cog gear and right side goes to an lower/smaller cog gear. What happens if you keep shifting to a larger gear (smaller cog in cassette)....with it eventually make the front derailleur shift to big ring?

I don't use syncro-shift so you'd have to look up those enabling/disabling instructions. Others who use it can also chime in too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you hooked it up to a PC yet so you can see how it's set? I'm not sure how it comes out of the box but if you bought used someone may have had it setup a certain way. I think the best way to tell is to download the program, plug it in and see what has enabled.
Quote Reply
Re: Both Di2 levers only shift RD [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not synchro as both levers (with 2 buttons) only control the RD (the FD will make a micro adjustment but not shift from the small ring to large) so I can use the left paddle or right paddle and it only interacts with the RD

I only have a Macbook- I am going to try my work computer but I have a feeling I won't be able to download any software to check what format it is currently in.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ditto above. Each button is individually programmable. My hunch is you have a used battery that the former owner had programmed differently from default. You will need either the mobile Bluetooth eTube app or the PC-based eTube Project app to reconfigure the shifters.
Quote Reply
Re: Both Di2 levers only shift RD [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do I need the wifi connector for the APP? I tried pairing on my phone with no luck

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, you need the Wireless Unit EW-WU111 to connect over Bluetooth from a mobile app.

Or, you need the Battery Charger SM-BCR2 to connect via USB from the PC-based eTube Project app.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, you need the wireless fob to get your bike to talk to your phone.

You need to hook it up to a computer and it will be easy to fix. You are correct that it isn't synchro-shift.
Quote Reply
Re: Both Di2 levers only shift RD [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, it's an easy fix.

Basically, run e-tube project, then do the 'connection check' and click 'customize'. Then set switch X / switch Y for the shifter to whatever you like.

I wrote something about the top buttons here: https://di2center.com/...-your-shifter-hoods/
Same concept, different buttons. It's basically what I described above but with pictures ;).

If you cannot find a Windows computer and cannot see friends who own one then your best bet would be to visit a bike shop. Most will be happy to do this for you and it'll only take 15 minutes (max).

BetterShifting.com - Di2 help and guides| BetterShifting Instagram | Terry's Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Both Di2 levers only shift RD [TerryDi2C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Appreciate it!

Quote Reply