Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Book author looking for athletes who have tried CBD
Quote | Reply
I'm writing a book on CBD for athletes. I'd like to talk with everyday athletes who have tried CBD. Good, bad, indifferent experiences are welcome.

Note: I'm talking CBD only, not marijuana, not products with both CBD and THC.

scott AT scottdouglas DOT biz

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Book author looking for athletes who have tried CBD [Scott Douglas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe someone on here had a poll asking similar questions. Can't remember who it was, but I am sure you can search for it. I have used it, but not for an extended amount of time to notice any inflammation benefits if thats what youre looking to determine. I like the full-spectrum better :))

Use this link to save $5 off your USAT membership renewal:
https://membership.usatriathlon.org/...A2-BAD7-6137B629D9B7
Quote Reply
Re: Book author looking for athletes who have tried CBD [AlyraD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr. Joanna Zeiger requested inputs on a survey about cannabis a short time ago, if that's what you're thinking

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6742539#p6742539

There may have been a poll associated

Interestingly enough, today in the gym, I was talking to a friend of mine about a recent Joe Rogan podcast with Travis Barker and he shared [because Joe Rogan fucking equals CBD] that he was struggling with a hammy, and one CBD gummy made it go away

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Book author looking for athletes who have tried CBD [Scott Douglas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi -- I took a daily CBD pill every day for months back in 2016 (I think). I felt no effects either positive or negative. My naturopath urged me to stop CBD (she doesn't think it is helpful) and my budget agreed. So I stopped. I wasn't looking for anything specific when I started, just general help with inflammation and calmness. My body tends to *not* respond to supplements, despite my openness to trying them.

Good luck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi there! I recently competed a study looking at cannabis use in athletes. Let me know if you would like to chat. -JZ
Quote Reply
Re: Book author looking for athletes who have tried CBD [Joannazeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Joannazeiger wrote:
Hi there! I recently competed a study looking at cannabis use in athletes. Let me know if you would like to chat. -JZ

So when are we, your willing subjects, going to get to see the results??? :)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Book author looking for athletes who have tried CBD [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for asking about the results. I have a paper and several abstracts out for review. When these are accepted, I will be able to share the results and answer any questions. Hopefully, sooner than later!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use cbd daily.

USAC, Health and Nutrition Coach
http://www.echelonhealthcoaching.com
use code SLOWTWITCH for %15 off
Quote Reply
Re: Book author looking for athletes who have tried CBD [Joannazeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Joannazeiger wrote:
Thanks for asking about the results. I have a paper and several abstracts out for review. When these are accepted, I will be able to share the results and answer any questions. Hopefully, sooner than later!

OK, thanks for the update, Joanna!!!

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"everyday athletes"

I'm an elite/pro triathlete who uses CBD. Am I disqualified?

Pro Triathlete
Social Media & Digital Comms Consultant
Head Coach - HumanPowerPerformance.com

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"
Quote Reply
Re: Book author looking for athletes who have tried CBD [adempsey10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
adempsey10 wrote:
"everyday athletes"

I'm an elite/pro triathlete who uses CBD. Am I disqualified?

I’m a poor excuse of an athlete that takes CBD, am I disqualified??
Quote Reply
Re: Book author looking for athletes who have tried CBD [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
[because Joe Rogan fucking equals CBD]

You spelled DMT wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: Book author looking for athletes who have tried CBD [clayhathorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Taking CBD orally is practically useless in very high doses as it gets broken down in the gut. Vaping, sublingual, or suppository are a far better delivery methods not subject to the gut breaking it down.
There is also a huge difference between industrial hemp-derived CBD and cannabis-derived CBD. The cannabinoids in cannabis-derived CBD make the CBD much more effective when it comes to inflammation-reducing effects. All of the 'good' CBD effects are amplified.
Hemp-based CBD is 'legal' so its more widespread. Cannabis-derived is obviously subject to individual state laws in US, but I can attest first hand to the benefits as I take if for a chronic inflammation-related disease and its allowed me to stop taking pharmaceutical medicines to treat it.
Quote Reply
Re: Book author looking for athletes who have tried CBD [TPerkin2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting that cannibas-based CBD seems more effective. I live in Oregon so it’s legal, yet my experience was ordering probably hemp-based from a supplement company.

I’ll check out some local product because I’ve had some inflammation that I’ve been unable to get rid for months. Best
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doesn't CBD contain THC, but it has to be below a certain level? Haven't tried it, but will get to it after I am done rubbing turmeric on my buttocks and putting butter in my coffee.
Quote Reply
Re: Book author looking for athletes who have tried CBD [Nerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
only if its full-spectrum. I like getting it in honey and mixing with my coffee.

Use this link to save $5 off your USAT membership renewal:
https://membership.usatriathlon.org/...A2-BAD7-6137B629D9B7
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi there,

I have been doing Triathlons for ten years now and I have found multiple uses for CBD.

I have replaced my addiction to Advil (obviously it's not a real addiction I just used it everyday for pain) and find pain relief in the use of CBD.

I find CBD to be helpful in not only my muscle pain but also in the use if sleeping because it turns my active brain off so I can sleep. When I don't get enough sleep I just lag through my workout the following day and it makes my runs especially harder.

Im weird with textures and tastes and I find CBD Gummies to be a good option for me.
Last edited by: lilheim: Mar 1, 19 11:29
Quote Reply