Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bontrager Ballista shoes
Quote | Reply
I bought a pair of the Bontrager Ballista shoes and I really like them except the tongue of the shoe digs into my ankle with dorsiflexion. Can I cut the tongue out completely and still have the Boa system work and the shoe be functional? Are there ways to modify the tongue that people have tried?

Link for reference

https://www.trekbikes.com/...ycling-shoe/p/13675/
Last edited by: skinmd: Jul 25, 21 18:31
Quote Reply
Re: Bontrager Ballista shoes [skinmd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the balista knit.
Had the same problem when the shoes where new. but after a few weeks it kinda molded.

That is just my experience ;)

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply
Re: Bontrager Ballista shoes [sergio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seconded.

After 3 or 4 rides, they loosen up a bit.

These are by far the best shoes I've ever worn for triathlon.

ETA: OP, how tight are you cranking them down? I admittedly wear mine a bit looser.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Last edited by: cloy: Jul 26, 21 8:59
Quote Reply
Re: Bontrager Ballista shoes [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been wearing this shoe bare foot since it came out. No modifications
Quote Reply
Re: Bontrager Ballista shoes [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have tried leaving the boas looser and it hasn’t helped. Maybe I have to work through the discomfort to get them totally broken in.

I was hoping that someone had tried removing the tongue. I figured it would make the shoe lighter, give more aeration and have less pressure on my ankle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have these and like the others said after a few rides you will not notice it. Like all shoes it takes a little bit for the shoe to mold to your feet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
skinmd wrote:
I bought a pair of the Bontrager Ballista shoes and I really like them except the tongue of the shoe digs into my ankle with dorsiflexion. Can I cut the tongue out completely and still have the Boa system work and the shoe be functional? Are there ways to modify the tongue that people have tried?

Link for reference

https://www.trekbikes.com/...ycling-shoe/p/13675/

I don't have those particular shoes, but I have successfully heat-molded my Shimano shoes (too narrow for my wide feet), and now they fit like a glove. Use a hair dryer over the part of the shoe that's giving you grief, then put it on while it's still warm.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply