Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bontrager -- DuoTrap Failure?
Quote | Reply
I purchased a speed concept 7.0 last may and installed the Bontrager "Duo Trap" system -- given the frame was designed to fit... and the system worked great until Thursday... now the Speed/Cadence sensor has stopped sending (I changed the battery and still no signal) -- the head unit is working since it picks up my HR from my 310... anyone else purchase this system (SC crowd for opinions?)... Worst part - by LBS dropped Trek this year and now I'm at a loss -- they told me that they've had "multiple failures" with this part... anyone know if "Carl" reads the forum or only the SC thread? (seams a pain to replace a $60 part every year). Regards. O
Quote Reply
Re: Bontrager -- DuoTrap Failure? [Olive] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure if this will help but I have a DuoTrap with the Node 2 and have had similar issues. I'm not familiar with the 310 but when this happens to me with my node I place it in the sync/seek sensor mode which seems to reset all sensors. Hope that helps and good luck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dumb question, but did you check to be sure the magnets on the crank and spoke are lined up?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine did the same thing. Easy to warranty. No other trek dealers around?
Quote Reply
Re: Bontrager -- DuoTrap Failure? [link5485] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
link5485 wrote:
Dumb question, but did you check to be sure the magnets on the crank and spoke are lined up?
I had this problem with mine once. Somehow the magnets got out of whack, took a while to figure out the issue. Use a strong magnet and wave it over the duotrap to see if the lights come on, if they do you found the problem.
Quote Reply
Re: Bontrager -- DuoTrap Failure? [beanmj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I've adjusted the wheel (spoke) magnets as well as the crank (cadence) -- I was able to get one "red" light and one "green" light once... and then regardless where they were place "no lights".... I'll find another Trek dealer tomorrow -- but the LBS that serviced my bike said it was a "common" occurrence -- hopefully they have a "fix"... thanks for the response. O
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You don't get lights the entire time with the Duotrap- only when the unit is "waking up". Other than that, try the pair process again, sometimes after a battery change in any of the ANT+ stuff you have to do that.

And check the magnets.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same here, except I just got mine... doesn't seem to be working at all. Saw a few green lights, no reds and now it does nothing. Shows nothing on the head unit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had no problems with either of the two duotraps I own in two years.

As others have said, the LEDs don't flash all the time. I think you get a max of 10 flashes. Having changed the battery you may need to pair with your head unit again.

Developing aero, fit and other fun stuff at Red is Faster
Quote Reply
Re: Bontrager -- DuoTrap Failure? [SkippyKitten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SkippyKitten wrote:
I've had no problems with either of the two duotraps I own in two years.

As others have said, the LEDs don't flash all the time. I think you get a max of 10 flashes. Having changed the battery you may need to pair with your head unit again.

Same here... I've had the DuoTrap since it came out... on several bikes. No issues with mine. Anytime I sensed a problem, it was a magnet issue.
Quote Reply
Re: Bontrager -- DuoTrap Failure? [SkippyKitten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I read the blinking 10 times on the brief page that does come with it.. the cadence flashed a few times, I think I saw the red once or twice and now it doesn't do anything. No flashes, doesn't register with the Node 1.1, nothing. Not much to tinker with on it, other than the battery being seated properly. Tested it out of the bike with the magnet and still nothing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My duotrap reads cadence just fine. No speed. And yes I have the magnet in. Two, in fact. It lights up red at the beginning but shows no speed. So annoying.
Quote Reply