Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bont Riot+ sizing
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty new to cycling and my Giros are too tight. I slipped on a Bont Riot+ and they seem to have more room in the area in front of the arch. I don't know what size I tried on. I had read somewhere that you should buy one size up (European sizes). My Giros are 46s and are not too short.

Should I buy the 46s or 47s?

TIA,

Not a coach. Not a FOP Tri/swimmer/biker/runner. Barely a MOP AGer.
But I'm learning and making progress.
Quote Reply
Re: Bont Riot+ sizing [LEBoyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd go up.

I'm usually a 44 in most shoes. Got some Bont Riot TR a couple of years ago in 44.5 after using their sizing guide, and they were just a hair too short, which has no compromise because the outsole wraps up in front of your toes. Replaced with 45 and they're great. Unbelievably stiff. Good arch support. But quite flat under the ball (almost feels convex) and sometimes leave my foot going numb above the cleat. Plenty of toe room though.

Note that despite their claims they really aren't heat mouldable, but unless you have really mutant feet this should be fine. I know they claim to be, and all the reviews you read say they "can be", but never talk about direct experiences doing this. Reviews online seem to frequently concur with my experience though. Better to throw some different insoles in them if need be.
Quote Reply
Re: Bont Riot+ sizing [MattyK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reply. I have custom insoles that I tried in my Giros to see if that would stop my toes/front of feet going numb. I tried a bike fit after three different saddles and no change. I then rode my son's bike (2cm smaller and shorter seat height) to see if it was my bike in some way, but had the same results. So I'm ready to try different shoes. As I mentioned, I tried the Bont's on in the store and had noticeably more room in the front foot/toes area.

Not a coach. Not a FOP Tri/swimmer/biker/runner. Barely a MOP AGer.
But I'm learning and making progress.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have just received a pair of Bont Riot+ Tri and I’m always a 44 and had to get 44.5 in these. I would normally go a full size up in Bont shoes but the Riot Tri are more roomy in the toe area and less “flat” at the front than their other models.
They are awesome shoes but sizing is a bit more difficult until you know them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just received a pair and went from a 42 in specialized to a 44 in the Bonts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I highly recommend using the size chart from Bont's site, I did this prior to ordering mine and they fit perfect. I think there are different versions for different models so make sure you use the right one.

The point raised above about them not being heat moldable is not true; I have the Riot+ and Riot+ tri and have molded them both multiple times to get the fit right. The time recommendation is off, in my experience they need more time than 20 minutes to soften. I did mine at 170* (lowest my oven goes) fo 20 minutes to start then checking every 5 from there until I was easily able to mold the tub.
Quote Reply
Re: Bont Riot+ sizing [BevK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BevK wrote:
The point raised above about them not being heat moldable is not true; I have the Riot+ and Riot+ tri and have molded them both multiple times to get the fit right. The time recommendation is off, in my experience they need more time than 20 minutes to soften. I did mine at 170* (lowest my oven goes) fo 20 minutes to start then checking every 5 from there until I was easily able to mold the tub.
YMMV... I used an industrial oven at work. Started at the recommended temp (70C?) and time, and kept increasing progressively after each failure til I was at about 90C for at least 30 minutes, at which point the shoes were too hot to put my feet in, and still rigid.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I found the fit calculator to work correctly. They are ever so slightly shorter than my Sidis, which was expected.

The sides seem to mold rather easily, but not the sole. The extra toe room is great, though the leather isn't nearly as supple as I'd hoped. I have the mtb version as well, which is theoretically the same, but has a much softer leather.

The higher arch works well for me, but I still needed custom insoles to relieve pressure around my metatarsals.
Detect languageAfrikaansAlbanianAmharicArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBengaliBosnianBulgarianCatalanCebuanoChichewaChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CorsicanCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEsperantoEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchFrisianGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekGujaratiHaitian CreoleHausaHawaiianHebrewHindiHmongHungarianIcelandicIgboIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseJavaneseKannadaKazakhKhmerKoreanKurdishKyrgyzLaoLatinLatvianLithuanianLuxembourgishMacedonianMalagasyMalayMalayalamMalteseMaoriMarathiMongolianMyanmar (Burmese)NepaliNorwegianPashtoPersianPolishPortuguesePunjabiRomanianRussianSamoanScots GaelicSerbianSesothoShonaSindhiSinhalaSlovakSlovenianSomaliSpanishSundaneseSwahiliSwedishTajikTamilTeluguThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduUzbekVietnameseWelshXhosaYiddishYorubaZulu

AfrikaansAlbanianAmharicArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBengaliBosnianBulgarianCatalanCebuanoChichewaChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CorsicanCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEsperantoEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchFrisianGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekGujaratiHaitian CreoleHausaHawaiianHebrewHindiHmongHungarianIcelandicIgboIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseJavaneseKannadaKazakhKhmerKoreanKurdishKyrgyzLaoLatinLatvianLithuanianLuxembourgishMacedonianMalagasyMalayMalayalamMalteseMaoriMarathiMongolianMyanmar (Burmese)NepaliNorwegianPashtoPersianPolishPortuguesePunjabiRomanianRussianSamoanScots GaelicSerbianSesothoShonaSindhiSinhalaSlovakSlovenianSomaliSpanishSundaneseSwahiliSwedishTajikTamilTeluguThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduUzbekVietnameseWelshXhosaYiddishYorubaZulu
Text-to-speech function is limited to 200 characters

Options : History : Feedback : DonateClose
Quote Reply