Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bold prediction, TJ surprises us all
Quote | Reply
Ok, it’s a long shot. But is anyone else kind of surprised at the lack of respect TJ Vangarden has gotten this TDF? I’m aware of his history but he is strong enough to be right there with the leaders and now he leads all riders except for one other. I’ll say it now he will surprise us all and wear yellow at least one day in the Alps if not all the way to Paris. He has the strength, the team, and can Time Trial.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Re: Bold prediction, TJ surprises us all [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thats a reeeeeeaaaalllllyyyyyyy long shot. respect is earned. wait until the roads start going up. His goal should be to just finish the TdF this year. if you remove TTT and ITT results, he really hasn't done anything of note in years in a race that matters.

I think he'll be a good support guy in this TdF, but once the attacks in the mountains start to happen, you'll wonder where he went. I like the guy, i really want him to do well, but I just don't see it happening based on his results this year to date.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perhaps you missed the ToC where he got destroyed by Egan Bernal on the last climbing day?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’d wait to see how he does the day after the second rest day. Historically he has imploded on that stage.

Quote | Reply
Not going to happen. He is there to serve Porte. On the first stage where he could, when the flatlanders like GVA drop out of yellow jersey contention, he will be busting his butt for Richie and probably won't be there in the final.
Last edited by: Bdaghisallo: Jul 10, 18 13:32
Quote Reply
Re: Bold prediction, TJ surprises us all [Bdaghisallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Team is going away, Porte already has new deal. If a situation arises where Porte is getting dropped and TJ is feeling good, you'd have to think TJ would do what's in his best interest at that point.
Quote Reply
Re: Bold prediction, TJ surprises us all [Bdaghisallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bdaghisallo wrote:
Not going to happen. He is there to serve Porte. On the first stage where he could, when the flatlanders like GVA drop out of yellow jersey contention, he will be busting his butt for Richie and probably won't be there in the final.

If BMC is a smart team take advantage of the situation. TJ is likely to end up in yellow after a day in the Alps why not pull the team together to keep it that way?

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Click bait. TJ doesn't have the "pop" to hang with the best climbers. He is a steam engine. He gets rolling that's one thing, but the second Froome tosses in a violent attack, he will only last for 2-3 of those accelerations & get spit out the back, going into the red & then the demise of yet another "hopeful" top result at the tour. I'd be more surprised if TJ makes it to the end of the Tour at all.
Quote Reply
Re: Bold prediction, TJ surprises us all [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Historically, he does well right up until he gives a cyclingnews interview saying, "I feel really good and am looking to smash it." He then immediately goes out and tanks. Maybe if he keeps his mouth shut this year, he'll have a good ride all the way to Paris?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jloewe wrote:
Ok, it’s a long shot. But is anyone else kind of surprised at the lack of respect TJ Vangarden has gotten this TDF? I’m aware of his history but he is strong enough to be right there with the leaders and now he leads all riders except for one other. I’ll say it now he will surprise us all and wear yellow at least one day in the Alps if not all the way to Paris. He has the strength, the team, and can Time Trial.

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Bold prediction, TJ surprises us all [T3_Beer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TJ is a great journeyman cyclist. I think any team would be lucky to have him. He is not a GC contender, but the lad can ride. He is living the dream, but don't try and build a team around him.
Quote Reply
Re: Bold prediction, TJ surprises us all [G-man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To the OP.
Not sure what you'r smoking but whatever it is I'd like some :)

TJ will be lucky if he even finishes the Tour...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jloewe wrote:

Quoting Big Kahuna: Bwaaaaaaahaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaaa

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply