Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Blummenfelt og Stornes will participate in Bahrain 70.3 + Ben Kanute
Quote | Reply
Both Blummenfelt and Stornes will be back at Bahrain 70.3.
Last year those two with Iden got the three fastest time over the 70.3 distance ever.
This year Iden and Blummenfelt got first and fourth the the 70.3 championship in Nice. Stornes did not participate.

It will be fun to see what the Vikings will do this year.

Last year's results
Christian Blummenfelt 3.29.04
Gustav Iden 3.29.25
Casper Stornes 3.33.31

Blummenfelt ran a 1.06
Last edited by: Halvard: Dec 6, 19 9:14
Quote Reply
Re: Blummenfelt og Stornes will participate in Bahrain 70.3 [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No Iden? I know he's doing Super League, so maybe that is why he's not doing Bahrain 70.3.
Quote Reply
Re: Blummenfelt og Stornes will participate in Bahrain 70.3 [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mwanner13 wrote:
No Iden? I know he's doing Super League, so maybe that is why he's not doing Bahrain 70.3.

Probably busy with royal duties in Taiwan.
Quote Reply
Re: Blummenfelt og Stornes will participate in Bahrain 70.3 [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Iden said on Taren's podcast that his intention is to be on the starting line in Kona, 2020. So that could be a good solid training day in WA maybe - I don't know that he would want to do it after Tokyo. Just needs to validate I believe.

Kind of flew under the radar...

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Blummenfelt og Stornes will participate in Bahrain 70.3 [TriguyBlue] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriguyBlue wrote:
mwanner13 wrote:

Probably busy with royal duties in Taiwan.

According to Instagram Gustav Iden is in Taiwan this weekend. It looks like he is having a great time.
Quote Reply
Re: Blummenfelt og Stornes will participate in Bahrain 70.3 [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder how much draft they’ll get off the vehicles on the highway this year
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just looked at his Instagram, hahaha WTF???
Last edited by: chrisb12: Nov 10, 19 2:06
Quote Reply
Re: Blummenfelt og Stornes will participate in Bahrain 70.3 [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
I wonder how much draft they’ll get off the vehicles on the highway this year

I love this comment. If I remember correctly some people on ST said the same after last year's race also. Then of course they added that the record breaking times meant nothing.

Well, it looks like more LD athletes should get some draft since they got beaten badly at the world championship in Nice.

In other news.

Stornes has gotten new bike and wheel sponsors so he will have updated equipment this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're too easy. And you make it hard to root for Norwegian athletes.
Quote Reply
Re: Blummenfelt og Stornes will participate in Bahrain 70.3 [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whatever that means...

Should be another fun ITU vs mid-long course pros, don't know the start list but unless Frodeno is there, don't see any of the long course guys beating the Norwegian ITU guys.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Casper Stornes will race with his new bike sponsor Canyon and with wheels from his new wheel sponsor DTSwiss.

At least he cannot blame the equipment :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Blummenfelt og Stornes will participate in Bahrain 70.3 + Ben Kanute [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Updated start list here for tomorrow's race.
It will be fun to see what Ben Kanute can do.

https://cdn2.sportngin.com/...347587914.1554569971
Quote Reply
Re: Blummenfelt og Stornes will participate in Bahrain 70.3 + Ben Kanute [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alistair Brownlee is on this list, in N°31

Just added ?

If it is real, going to be fun....
Quote Reply
Re: Blummenfelt og Stornes will participate in Bahrain 70.3 [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfru wrote:
Iden said on Taren's podcast that his intention is to be on the starting line in Kona, 2020. So that could be a good solid training day in WA maybe - I don't know that he would want to do it after Tokyo. Just needs to validate I believe.

Kind of flew under the radar...

If he really want to be in Kona in October 2020, he need to position an IM before.

As he will prepare specifically for Tokyo, he need to do that before or after a build period.
So IM in January or April ?
Quote Reply
Re: Blummenfelt og Stornes will participate in Bahrain 70.3 + Ben Kanute [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pyrenean Wolf wrote:
Alistair Brownlee is on this list, in N°31

Just added ?

If it is real, going to be fun....

I was already excited but this news really makes for something special:)

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: Blummenfelt og Stornes will participate in Bahrain 70.3 + Ben Kanute [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I doubt that he is racing considering he won an IM 5 days ago, but who knows, maybe that was just a 7:45 training day for him.

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has Jodie Stimpson done any 70.3 racing before? Interesting to see how she does.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Blummenfelt og Stornes will participate in Bahrain 70.3 + Ben Kanute [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She is coming back from a horrible calf injury. She has only been running pain free for about 5 weeks. She is a true competitor but she isn’t expecting to win!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jodie Stimpson's first 70.3?

Inside The Big Ring: Podcast & Coaching

Quote Reply
Re: Blummenfelt og Stornes will participate in Bahrain 70.3 + Ben Kanute [Brandes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think she did one a few years ago but not sure. I think she got beaten by Carfrae
Quote Reply
Re: Blummenfelt og Stornes will participate in Bahrain 70.3 + Ben Kanute [SheTries] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stupid fast splits according to live splits atleast.

1:52 for the bike, Stornes went sub 1:51:56

4 mins faster than last year according to commentator.....holy smokes.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Blummenfelt og Stornes will participate in Bahrain 70.3 + Ben Kanute [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Blu has completely crushed the top 5 outs of T2, he's put a 35s gap 2.8km into the run. Good lord he's crushing it.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Casper Stornes biked sub 1.52 (1.51.56)
5 guys did 1.52

Now it is running
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lisa Norden did the bike leg in 2.01.30.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who's the overweight guy with the beard that the camera keeps showing?
Quote Reply

Prev Next