Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Blueseventy vs. Zone3 vs. Zoot Wetsuits
Quote | Reply
Hello wetsuit experts,

I am looking for a new wetsuit and assuming they all fit great are there any key differences between the following 4 suits that would make one stand out over the other? I've narrowed my choices down based on my budget range (sub $450 CDN). I will have to order these online and try them on but curious if there are any key differences between the four to help me narrow down which ones I should order/try on first. Thank you.

Blueseventy - Fusion

Zone3 - Advance

Zone3 - Aspire

Zoot - Z Force 5.0
Quote Reply
Re: Blueseventy vs. Zone3 vs. Zoot Wetsuits [trioutdoors] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No experience with the Zoot but familiar with the B70 and the Zone3. If it were me, I’d go with the Aspire. I tried one when I was buying (ended up going with the Zone3 Vanquish). It has the same one piece shoulder/chest piece that their top end Vanquish does, just with a slightly less flexible rubber than the Vanquish. Basically it’s 90% of their top end suit for 50% of the price. Based on your budget, I think it will be the most flexible and fastest suit from your list

Quote | Reply
I don't have experience with any of the suits but I have been using some version of the BlueSeventy Helix for many years now and they make great suits.

Specifically, the Fusion has some nice trickle-down technology built into the suit like 1.5mm neoprene in the upper chest, shoulders, and arms giving you maximum comfort and range of motion. I think Dan should write a piece on these mid to low-end suits because they seem to be incorporating a lot more of what is in the high-end suits. Regardless if you are ordering direct from BlueSeventy and want to save 25% you can find the discount here.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cant go wrong with Zone 3. You can use my discount code if you want. usa25%brice
Quote Reply
Re: Blueseventy vs. Zone3 vs. Zoot Wetsuits [bricewilliams] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the code... I too am on the cusp of a new wetsuit purchase. I know the Helix has big love from both personal experience and some actual performance tests done by forum members. I have also seen a few posts that say the fastest suits for regular people (above average, but far from FoP) may be the 2nd tier products. So, I am super curious which ones could be the best between suits like the Aspire/Pro II/Reaction/Wave 3/etc.

So, I am curious which of the penultimate suits folks deem as best and why. I have a Zone 3 now, so the Aspire is a strong candidate. But, I have seen big love for the Reaction and Pro II that could sway me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just replaced a Zoot prophet that tore before/during a race with a blue seventy... Quality in the blue seventy is far above the Zoot... Stiching and seams are much better
Quote Reply
Re: Blueseventy vs. Zone3 vs. Zoot Wetsuits [Flagster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those of you that had the Zone3, how did you find sizing?

Currently looking at the aspire size MT. Height is up to 6,3, and i'm 6,4, but im guessing its better to stretch it there than in the lbs category?
Quote Reply
Re: Blueseventy vs. Zone3 vs. Zoot Wetsuits [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lassekk wrote:

Currently looking at the aspire size MT. Height is up to 6,3, and i'm 6,4, but im guessing its better to stretch it there than in the lbs category?

that would depent on the lenght of your upper body if that is on the longer side it likely wont work to well. overall I would say the upper body lenght of zone 3 is shorter ( not much but i can see it and feel it ) than roka and B70 .
Quote Reply
Re: Blueseventy vs. Zone3 vs. Zoot Wetsuits [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I swim in the B70 Helix... I'd definitely err on the side of tight fitting. I swim in a small tall and a medium tall is "off season" for me while small tall is "in season". I'm over both the height and the weight for the small tall.

make sure you know your body and the wetsuit company's sizing chart. One brand will probably fit you best, not because that brand is better but because of sizing differences between each company's like sizes.

lassekk wrote:

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zone 3 has a nice Black Friday sale that expires on November 27th. You can get the suit for 40% off, free pair of goggles and a free swim cap.
Quote Reply