Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Blueseventy female tech swim suit sizing question
Quote | Reply
They are running a really good sale on the Nero Techsuit. I am between about three sizes based off from the height weight chart. In the non tech suits I wear a 32 for this brand. I am 5’1” and 132lbs. The size chart says that the 26, 28, 30 all cover my weight but gets taller for height. Shopping for suit for Masters Nationals. Thank you in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Blueseventy female tech swim suit sizing question [xterratri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
These tech suits are generally made for younger swimmers with no hips!
I'd go bigger if it's available.
B70 also has pretty good service on their online chat, or you could send them an email.
KS

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply
Re: Blueseventy female tech swim suit sizing question [xterratri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tech suits are gonna be tight. Like, your teammate may need to help get it over your butt tight. I didn't remember what sizes you were considering when I pulled up the sizing chart and I assumed 24 or 26. I would probably edge toward 24 but we're very different sizes (5'8", 154, and I'd pick 28).

KJ
Swim and Triathlon Coach
AllTerrainEndurance.com
KJ@allterrainendurance.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’d also recommend having a look at the swimoutlet.com tech suit review. They generally say which suits fit tight in the hips/legs or which have less compression, as well as what sizes they wore and they’ll talk about how much stretch is in the material. More stretch = more forgiving.

Not sure about b70 specifically, but most tech suits have size charts which also show the hip size plus other measurements for each size.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Blueseventy female tech swim suit sizing question [STConcierge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just bought a Nero 14 kneeskin in size 30. I am 5'6.5" and 138lbs with a long torso. In Finis tech suits I wear a 26 and this was harder to put on. In Speedo and Nike tech suits I wear a 28 and this one was about as hard to put on but I probably could squeeze into a 28. If you have never worn one before, they take A LOT of time and effort to put on. It really should take about 20 mins, often with help from a friend, but I was able to get in this one in 10 mins by myself. That probably means I should get a size smaller but at this point in my life (mid-50s) I am more likely to pull a muscle trying to get in a smaller one so it isn't worth it, ha ha! It should be harder to get into than a wetsuit. I have not yet worn it in the pool so can't say how it performs yet but it seemed like the right fit - tight but not so tight that I couldn't move or breathe. Good luck!

-leh
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just FYI - Arena is running a sale now also.

https://www.arenawaterinstinct.com/en_us/

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Arena has the newly approved 2 piece tech suits ...

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just looked at the B70 size charts, and I must say that I really don't like how they've done them. As you point out, they're confusing. I prefer how other manufacturers do them with waist and hip measurements for the guys, and torso loop and chest measurements in addition to waist & hip for the womens.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Re: Blueseventy female tech swim suit sizing question [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Decided to go with Arena instead based on this thread. The question was from my sister and after 2 weeks back swimming, she’s already swam 200 free and 200 fly qualifying times.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
xterratri wrote:
Decided to go with Arena instead based on this thread. The question was from my sister and after 2 weeks back swimming, she’s already swam 200 free and 200 fly qualifying times.

which one?

I have a Carbon Ultra coming my way (my sister lives in the US, so she ordered for me...) It'll be my first top-end, high compression suit. I was using a couple of Speedo LZR Elite 2's for the last few years, but they're pretty much done now and they aren't considered to be a high-compression suit.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Re: Blueseventy female tech swim suit sizing question [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power skin carbon ultra
Quote Reply