Tend to sink like a rock.
Small build male.

Which would you choose and why?
Thanks!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Blueseventy Helix or TYR Hurricane Cat 5 [Y-Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check out Roka

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Y-Tri wrote:
MOP swimmer here.
Tend to sink like a rock.
Small build male.

Which would you choose and why?
Thanks!!!

I am making the assumption that we are talking about sleeved suits here. Assuming that then you will have more flexible shoulders and less restriction in the shoulders with the Helix over the TYR 5. A proper fitting wetsuit is a key and BlueSeventy has a great return policy too. If you are buying new then here you can save 25% on a BlueSeventy suit.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are MOP I would go with the Blueseventy Reaction and I have owned a Cat 5.

I got one last year and it is the best suit I have owned for overall comfort and durability. I swim OW ~1 /week. I also took up Thomas on his discount:)
Quote Reply
Re: Blueseventy Helix or TYR Hurricane Cat 5 [ktm520] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ktm520 wrote:
If you are MOP I would go with the Blueseventy Reaction and I have owned a Cat 5.

I got one last year and it is the best suit I have owned for overall comfort and durability. I swim OW ~1 /week. I also took up Thomas on his discount:)

I am glad it is working out and thanks for thinking of me :)

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Curious why Reaction over Helix?
I do have BlueSeventy swim skins I’ve liked & an Axis suit which was good when a really sucked at swimming. It’s getting older and it may be time for an upgrade.
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am also MOP swimmer and found that the highend wetsuits for me are no faster and often times slower. This could be for a variety of reason in materials, buoyancy, design for FOP swimmers... I have been at this a good while and unfortunately or fortunately I have to get a new suit almost every year because I swim in it a lot outside racing.

I have bought several highend suits thinking they would "fix" things and give me some more speed, in all cases they did not and in most cases they were not as comfortable and would not last as long due to materials and thickness (thinness really).

YMMV, but thought I would chime in and possibly save you some cash as I don't think speed can be purchased for swimming via a suit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Understood- and appreciate the feedback.
$ is of concern so your insight helps.
Quote Reply