Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Blueseventy Helix Fullsuit Sizing
Quote | Reply
I’m 5’8” and 160lbs. By their size chart I’m in the middle of a SMT (5’6”-6’0” & 150-172lbs). I was in an Xterra Vortex medium previously. Their rep said M or SMT. Recommended M first. Any ideas?
Quote Reply
Re: Blueseventy Helix Fullsuit Sizing [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't they have free returns/exchanges? I have a helix full in M and I am 5'10" 168lbs.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi There
The truth is either size will work for you. I'm 5'10 165lbs and wear a size SMT but it's definitely on the tight side. I can also wear a M but prefer a tighter suit.
The SM and SMT are the same width or volume but the SMT is longer in the torso.
The M has more volume than the SMT but they are the same height.
If you feel you are broad in the shoulders go with the M. If you carry your weight in your belly or legs go with the SMT.

We do have free exchanges so if you guess wrong we've got your back.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks
John Duquette
CEO

blueseventy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mwanner13 wrote:
I’m 5’8” and 160lbs. By their size chart I’m in the middle of a SMT (5’6”-6’0” & 150-172lbs). I was in an Xterra Vortex medium previously. Their rep said M or SMT. Recommended M first. Any ideas?

I am 5 feet 9 inches and 148-156lbs and I am a SMT.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 6' 167 and in a SMT. I tried a M and I found it too loose. I like my suits on the tighter side.
I cut 2.5 inches of the legs too.

Member of the Litespeed Factory Team
www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the feedback. I think I’m going to roll the dice on the SMT. I found a great deal on a new suit from 2015. I’ll be able to return it if needed but it sounds like I could fit that suit. Might be snug but it should fit based on what others have said.
Quote Reply
Re: Blueseventy Helix Fullsuit Sizing [blueseventyjohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw your post here and I thought I would resurrect the thread a little... I am about to buy a wetsuit, probably a Blueseventy Reaction. I do not have any good stores nearby to try them on, so I will probably buy directly from your online store. I am not sure about size.

I am 5’-9.5” and around 180 lbs. It seems like I could be either a M or ML in your sizing chart. I am built kind of solidly, but not muscular. I am just heavier than most for my height and appearance. I currently have a ML Zone3 Vision that seems to fit decently well—but could be a tiny bit big.
Quote Reply
Re: Blueseventy Helix Fullsuit Sizing [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for asking. I'd go with size ML for sure.
Feel free to email me direct, john@blueseventy.com, if you have any other questions.
jd
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
John, thank you for your contribution to this forum and further email assistance. You have a great team. I ordered my Reaction. I cannot wait to swim with it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
blueseventyjohn wrote:
Thanks for asking. I'd go with size ML for sure.
Feel free to email me direct, john@blueseventy.com, if you have any other questions.
jd

Hi John. I'm looking at a Helix. I'm 5-11 175-180lbs. Wide shoulder dude, oceans swims in the pacific, 1:20/100 SCY. I'm thinking either M or ML? Thank you
Quote Reply
Re: Blueseventy Helix Fullsuit Sizing [anthonypat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm about the same size as you and have swimmers shoulders. I wear a Medium, I even had a SMT at one point that my weight was around 172.

Tiago
---------------------
Sponsors: : Blueseventy :
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With broad shoulders and over 175lbs I'd go with size ML.
If you have further questions you can use the online chat on our website or email me directly, john@blueseventy.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks guys...I'll wait for thr Medium to come in stock and see if it will work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Should be mid October but you can email john@blueseventy.com and if something turns up sooner I'll ping you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thank you! I might try the ML and see if that will work. Appreciate the insight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
6ft00 (1m84) for ~187lbs (85kgs), athletic with large shoulders here. I have got the ML and it's tight to get in/close the zipper, but I did my first Ironman with it two weeks ago, it was completely fine and no compression in the water. The shoulder movement is much better than in my previous suit (Zoot Force 5 ML). The Helix is a great piece of kit, only downside is the reverse zip.
Quote Reply