Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Blood test results. Mildly anemic??
Quote | Reply
Just had some bloodwork done to see where my values are at. Feeling fatigued lately and wanted to see if I was off the mark anywhere. I have not heard back from my physician yet. Was wondering if I should start iron supplementation to combat my low RBC, hemoglobin and Hematocrit?? Any MD thoughts on this?

Quote Reply
Re: Blood test results. Mildly anemic?? [skinnyguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No idea.

But, every breakfast in our house concludes with the adults and kids taking their daily Flintstones vitamin. (Iron). Adult multi doesn’t have it. Usually.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have a read about some of the science behind iron levels for endurance athletes.
https://www.outsideonline.com/...-enough-for-athletes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not a doctor, but I'll add that if you do start supplementing Iron just to watch your levels. Levels too high are just as dangerous. I had some less than optimal Iron levels, in Summer of 2017 blood test, and then thru supplementation was able to raise them quite a bit for my Winter of 2018 blood test. Notice how much ferritin levels rose to. I backed off a bit after that Winter of 2018 test.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is not your "typical" iron deficiency picture...Your iron stores (ferritin) are not that low and the size of your RBC (MCV) along with the MCHC value are within limits. Depending on your age, this needs to be looked into further and also compared to previous.
Low hemoglobin/hematocrit, for instance, could be a result of increase blood loss through your gut or urine and not just low iron intake.
Talk to your physician and DON'T start any iron supplementation yet...
Hope that helps and you feel better!

"Discipline is the highest of all virtues. Only so may strength and desire be counterbalanced and the endeavors of man bear fruit."
Nikos Kazantzakis, The Rock Garden
Quote Reply