Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Blood test recommendation
Quote | Reply
I have slon down past 2 years, figure see what's up. What is a good test to take for athletes? Any good at home kit recommendations or national clinic (quest) ? Also looking not to pay an Ironman entry fee price heh.. considering crossing the border too
Last edited by: synthetic: Sep 4, 18 11:49
Quote Reply
Re: Blood test recommendation [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.discountedlabs.com/...includes-hematocrit/

-bobo

"What's good for me ain't necessarily good for the weak-minded."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used the Athlete Blood Test service a year ago and was happy with their service and the analysis they provided. Use the link below for a discount: http://www.thomasgerlach.com/...upon-code-promo.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.wellnessfx.com/performance

Not cheap, but thorough

-------------------------------------------------------------
Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How does it work in terms of costs where you are if you see your family doctor and get blood tests done through them?
In Australia essentially we don't pay for the sorts of blood tests you would most likely need so you are only paying for the cost of your doctors consult and followup as needed.
The Quest panel of bloods seems good, a few things you could probably do without having done if needed but the key ones are all there (but bloody expensive!!).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
I have slon down past 2 years, figure see what's up. What is a good test to take for athletes? Any good at home kit recommendations or national clinic (quest) ? Also looking not to pay an Ironman entry fee price heh.. considering crossing the border too

I'll x2 Athlete Blood Test but it isn't necessarily cheap although they do have good rates and pass that on to you as much as possible. As someone who previously had a high-deductible plan it is what it is and getting in to seeing a doctor who then can request labs is a process and costly in and of itself from a time perspective. It varies by state on whether or not it is necessary for a doctor script to pull the labs. I know one of my readers on a different topic, asked about lead, because he knows I eat a lot of chocolate and cocoa but it required a doctor to pull the lab. I was going to do it just for curiosity sake but the fact that I had to go to the doctor to tell them, "hey I wanted to test my lead" was asinine. If I ever go to my primary, I will. ABT is pretty fast and you get the report emailed to you. Basically you go to Labcorp after order and it takes about 3 days to get the results.

Here is my latest published report. It has links to my previous tests.

I will say that with my own ear issue, it was nice to have some basic labs handy. Looking back with my ear, I would have loved to have really basic balance tests every couple of years so I could set up a sort of baseline. There are probably a whole set of other basic baselines I should take for other systems but you never really think about that stuff until you get sick. Not a doctor but knowing where things like Iron, Vitamin D, Magnesium, B12 and T and can be helpful in explaining things. Keep in mind ABT is about athletes and optimizing and less about disease but you could always take the results to your doctor too or do your own further self-analysis.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Blood test recommendation [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
synthetic wrote:

I'll x2 Athlete Blood Test but it isn't necessarily cheap although they do have good rates and pass that on to you as much as possible. As someone who previously had a high-deductible plan it is what it is and getting in to seeing a doctor who then can request labs is a process and costly in and of itself from a time perspective. It varies by state on whether or not it is necessary for a doctor script to pull the labs. I know one of my readers on a different topic, asked about lead, because he knows I eat a lot of chocolate and cocoa but it required a doctor to pull the lab. I was going to do it just for curiosity sake but the fact that I had to go to the doctor to tell them, "hey I wanted to test my lead" was asinine. If I ever go to my primary, I will. ABT is pretty fast and you get the report emailed to you. Basically you go to Labcorp after order and it takes about 3 days to get the results.

Here is my latest published report. It has links to my previous tests.

I will say that with my own ear issue, it was nice to have some basic labs handy. Looking back with my ear, I would have loved to have really basic balance tests every couple of years so I could set up a sort of baseline. There are probably a whole set of other basic baselines I should take for other systems but you never really think about that stuff until you get sick. Not a doctor but knowing where things like Iron, Vitamin D, Magnesium, B12 and T and can be helpful in explaining things. Keep in mind ABT is about athletes and optimizing and less about disease but you could always take the results to your doctor too or do your own further self-analysis.

Funny, that a reason I didn't mention is to check heavy metals for my cocoa addiction
Quote Reply