Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Blatant ad: Swim+run technical clinic in Austin, TX
Quote | Reply
Swim and run technical clinics

I am coming to Austin on Memorial Weekend – where I will be teaching two technical clinics geared towards triathletes.

Swim technique clinic

Swimming is the most technically demanding aspect of a triathlon, but it also offers the opportunity for substantial improvement for most athletes.

The technical swim clinic will be a 2-hour intensive coached swim session where I will cover the main aspects of swim technique. The in-water part of the clinic will be preceded by a talk covering the most important aspects of swim technique geared towards triathletes. An opportunity for one-on-one feedback will be provided at the end of the in-water session.

Run technique clinic

One school-of-thought argues that one's so-called natural running style is both best and unchangeable. But, I believe this represents a defeatist attitude. It ignores the reality that the nervous system has great adaptive capabilities to incorporate subtle changes in data input to create an improved movement pattern. In so many sports – golf, tennis, swimming, gymnastics, and more – the guidance of a coach who is adept in designing corrective exercises and instructional commands can bring observable changes in style that contribute to improved performance. The same can occur in running.

Over a 1-hour session, I will cover the most important things about running technique and ways to work on it during your own training. One-on-one feedback will be provided in order for the athletes to improve their running technique.

The cost of each individual clinic will be $50/person. For attending both clinics the cost is $80.

The swim clinic will be held at Town Lake YMCA of Austin, on Saturday May 27th at 2PM. The facility is located at 1100 W Cesar Chavez in downtown Austin.

The run clinic will be held at Fulmore Middle School track, on Sunday May 28th at 2PM. The school is located at 201 E Mary St (corner of Mary and S Congress).

For more information, please contact me directly:

Phone: 505-205-0612

Email: pstriathlon@gmail.com

Quote Reply
Re: Blatant ad: Swim+run technical clinic in Austin, TX [Paulo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And when will you come east to New Jersey?

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Re: Blatant ad: Swim+run technical clinic in Austin, TX [parkito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have anything planned for NJ, but I will possibly be doing one in OH on the weekend of June 3/4.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
$50.00 for a 2 hour intensive swim clinic? Thats pretty cheap.

Seriously Paulo,with your background,I think you can charge more than that.

Several months ago I paid $75.00 for a 90 minute clinic in NYC,and I am neither faster or more fluid in the water.

Ohio is a bit far,but if you ever decide to come out to the NYC/New Jersey area,I would be interested.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think I'll have time for the clinic but I'll definitely come by to say "hi".

Are you racing in the Cap Tex Tri?

http://irondad06.blogspot.com/

http://irondad.blogspot.com/

Quote Reply
Re: Blatant ad: Swim+run technical clinic in Austin, TX [catmandu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
catmandu,

Thanks for the kind words. I also think it's a pretty reasonable price and I just hope that I have a big group to work with.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Portland, OR would be a good spot for a clinic. I know at least one guy that could use help with his swim and run ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Blatant ad: Swim+run technical clinic in Austin, TX [IronDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is the million dollar question! The world wants to know... IS Paulo Sousa racing CapTex???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If it weren't jammed between two half-IMs, I would try to get there. I could even have been your example (i.e., "see what he's doing right now, folks? Don't do anything like that.").

$50 is practically free.

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Re: Blatant ad: Swim+run technical clinic in Austin, TX [Aztec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most of us are going to be racing the Capital of Texas Tri (www.captextri.com) - Oly or sprint - on Monday. It's a USAT National Age Group qualifier race. Goes right through downtown Austin.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Paulo,

Let the guys at Austin Tri Cyclists and Jack & Adam's Tri Shop know what you are up to. They can probably help draw people to the event.

Emilio De Soto II
Maker of triathlon clothing, T1 Wetsuits, & Saddle Seat Pads and AXS since 1990
emilio@desotosport.com http://www.desotosport.com
Quote Reply
Re: Blatant ad: Swim+run technical clinic in Austin, TX [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the tip Emilio, I'll get my people on it :-D
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How come you didn't answer the question, Paulo... Having a little pre-race anxiety?
Quote Reply
Re: Blatant ad: Swim+run technical clinic in Austin, TX [austin79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well I am 99% certain I am not racing Cap Tex. Well maybe the sprint if my recovery week brings me back to life but will need to finally stalk austin79 for a face to face.

I need a nap.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New Jersey? Boston is THE place. When are you coming here? Don't be scared, the sewage flood waters are receding.

In Reply To:
Paulo,

Let the guys at Austin Tri Cyclists and Jack & Adam's Tri Shop know what you are up to. They can probably help draw people to the event.

Paulo, I'm on the board of Austin Triathletes so can get this into the newsletter (goes out this week) and weekly email if you would like. Let me know.

Thanks,

Cam
Quote Reply
Re: Blatant ad: Swim+run technical clinic in Austin, TX [austin79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
How come you didn't answer the question, Paulo... Having a little pre-race anxiety?
I might have signed-up for the sprint... :-$
Quote Reply
Re: Blatant ad: Swim+run technical clinic in Austin, TX [cray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cam,

That would be awesome, thanks! :-) Let me know if you need any extra info from me.
Quote Reply
Re: Blatant ad: Swim+run technical clinic in Austin, TX [Trigirlpink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
New Jersey? Boston is THE place. When are you coming here? Don't be scared, the sewage flood waters are receding.
I would love to go to Boston, since I have some friends in the area. Let know when you can assemble 15 trigeeks and I'll be there :-p
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
right, I forgot, Coffee with Karen at LavaJava ;-) really though, I'm gonna work on that.

[reply]New Jersey? Boston is THE place. When are you coming here? Don't be scared, the sewage flood waters are receding.[/reply]
---
I am a little surprised that nobody has recognized the beauty that lies in putting Paulo into NJ, NY, or Boston... match made in, err, heaven!

(And, 'bump!')

Josef
-------
blog
Quote Reply
Re: Blatant ad: Swim+run technical clinic in Austin, TX [JoB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Next up, he is coming to DC :) early June!

----------

“You can't coach desire.” --Dathan Ritzenhein
http://xtreme4.com/ -- an extreme ride for extreme change: go green
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd be in for Boston!
Quote Reply
Re: Blatant ad: Swim+run technical clinic in Austin, TX [audentia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Next up, he is coming to DC :) early June![/reply]
--
Ah, I miss DC. Are you in the DC tri club? Is that gig at theHains Pt. pool?

Josef
-------
blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You Austinites are really lucky. When Paulo was here in November, he worked with me, T-racer and ChadJ at the pool. He does a great job explaining the corrections needed, giving you the advice/drills to make the corrections work and he makes it really simple for the aqua-challenged. For those who want numbers, before I started working with Paulo my best 1500 swim was 27:2-something. I have since swam 23:15 non-wetsuit...don't laugh, I'm a runner. I would highly recommend giving Paulo your money : )

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply

Prev Next