Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Black Friday on Wahoo
Quote | Reply
Anyone hear any rumors on Black Friday deals for the Wahoo Headwind or Climb?

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: Black Friday on Wahoo [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
REI has 20% off any single item. I know they sell the climb (which is awesome to have!), Unsure about the headwind

Today I do what others won't, so tomorrow I can do what others can't.
Quote Reply
Re: Black Friday on Wahoo [WatchJoeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Bike trainers and simulators" are specifically excluded from the 20% coupon. Both the Climb and the Headwind fall into the simulator column at REI.

It stinks because I know they they previously haven't been excluded. I've bought a Kickr (2016), Core (2018), Neo2 (2018) and Headwind (2019) from REI using the coupon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
definitely on the marketer for a new trainer after my Direto Elite refuses to connect to Zwift

Please keep the tips coming :)
Quote Reply
Re: Black Friday on Wahoo [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you like the Headwind?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TizzleDK wrote:
How do you like the Headwind?

I like it a lot but probably not something I'd buy at full price. I have it sync'd to my heart rate and it works very well going up and down based on my intensity. It can also sync to power or speed as well be manually controlled.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been eyeing it for a few months now and I decided not to buy it until one of two things happen; either it goes on a Black Friday sale or they come out with a new version and the old version is discounted.

I love the idea of the CLIMB but I am waiting for a sale on that one. I am curious to see what they do with the Sufferfest rewrite and if they include steering like Zwift.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TizzleDK wrote:
I have been eyeing it for a few months now and I decided not to buy it until one of two things happen; either it goes on a Black Friday sale or they come out with a new version and the old version is discounted.

I love the idea of the CLIMB but I am waiting for a sale on that one. I am curious to see what they do with the Sufferfest rewrite and if they include steering like Zwift.

Unless you have endless money, I wouldn't buy either.

Get a lasko blower fan which is cheaper and moves more air. I turn my headwind on full blast cause anything less is not enough to keep me cool.

The climb is notorious for the belt to snap over time. I know of many people that have had the belt snap mid trainer ride.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Black Friday on Wahoo [WatchJoeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WatchJoeTri wrote:
REI has 20% off any single item. I know they sell the climb (which is awesome to have!), Unsure about the headwind
Doesn't work on many items (I tried on a Garmin 830 with no luck).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
"Bike trainers and simulators" are specifically excluded from the 20% coupon. Both the Climb and the Headwind fall into the simulator column at REI.
Nice work, Wahoo. Only five years too late, you cowards.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Last edited by: trentnix: Nov 18, 20 7:59
Quote Reply
Re: Black Friday on Wahoo [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trentnix wrote:
logella wrote:

It stinks because I know they they previously haven't been excluded. I've bought a Kickr (2016), Core (2018), Neo2 (2018) and Headwind (2019) from REI using the coupon.
Nice work, Wahoo. Only five years too late, you cowards.

I'm not really sure what you're complaining about here or why you think they're cowards.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not complaining about you taking advantage of the awesome deal. Complaining about Wahoo being a coward for many years when it came to protecting the value of their products and protecting their retailers.

They talk tough 50 weeks a year, and then when REI placed their margin killer of an order, Wahoo would fold like a cheap tent.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Re: Black Friday on Wahoo [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trentnix wrote:
Not complaining about you taking advantage of the awesome deal. Complaining about Wahoo being a coward for many years when it came to protecting the value of their products and protecting their retailers.

They talk tough 50 weeks a year, and then when REI placed their margin killer of an order, Wahoo would fold like a cheap tent.

Ah, I get it.

However, they are not necessarily alone as in the past you've been able to buy other trainer brands as well as Garmin's using the coupon. Although "items with gps" have been excluded now for about 2 years.
Quote Reply
Re: Black Friday on Wahoo [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love the wind.

It’s my favorite fan because it’s brainless.

I have it on heart rate and it just seamlessly works.

Sure it’s not the strongest fan but it looks good and IMO is good enough.
Quote Reply