Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bizarro World Zwift
Quote | Reply
I have no clue why but for last 2 days my H#/Zwift set up is giving reverse resistance levels, uphill easier, downhill harder. Tried restarting both zwift and H3 multiple times, recalibrated H3, nothing corrects it. Happened with latest update, the april fools one as it says in information on android. Annoying as hell. Anybody have clue on how to fix?
Quote Reply
Re: Bizarro World Zwift [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last couple of rides I have done felt the same way. Going on a descent felt way harder to push than going uphill.
Quote Reply
Re: Bizarro World Zwift [TNTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is very obvious, when going up 8%+ have little to no resistance and same grade down is wtf. Taken to only riding fugit as its flat and the reverse resistance driving me nuts. If it keeps up i will just cancel zwifting as the joy will be gone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jeffp wrote:
It is very obvious, when going up 8%+ have little to no resistance and same grade down is wtf. Taken to only riding fugit as its flat and the reverse resistance driving me nuts. If it keeps up i will just cancel zZifting as the joy will be gone.

I think Zwift probably hit an all time high for number of users this weekend and I am sure they are scrambling to manage the load and that might be causing a few issues. With that said both my wife and I put in about 4 hours each this weekend on Zwift and didn't have any issues (other than very crowded roads.) Maybe give Zwift a few days to sort things out before just pulling the plug.... I am guessing all the online biking platforms have challenges right now with the increased loads.

Quote | Reply
True, but i am not using during peak periods.

Also last 4 days, if i get to top of leader board, all the other board times disappear, and i keep jersey until hour expired then no one listed onboard.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't noticed this specifically, but when I tried to do a WO in Erg mode yesterday the wattage seemed WAY off. My warm up is a 10 min ramp up from 100W to 200W. By the end of it I was dying. I tried restarting Zwift, unplugging and restarting the trainer (Tacx Neo)... no luck. When not in Zwift and just monitoring using the Tacx utility, wattage seemed fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Roll with it - I’d start lapping Alpe Du Zwift and pick up your Tron bike before they fix it ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

" I take my gear out of my car and put my bike together. Tourists and locals are watching from sidewalk cafes. Non-racers. The emptiness of of their lives shocks me. "
(opening lines from Tim Krabbe's The Rider , 1978
Quote Reply
Re: Bizarro World Zwift [TriDevilDog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriDevilDog wrote:
Roll with it - I’d start lapping Alpe Du Zwift and pick up your Tron bike before they fix it ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

This was my first thought.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jeffp wrote:
True, but i am not using during peak periods.

Also last 4 days, if i get to top of leader board, all the other board times disappear, and i keep jersey until hour expired then no one listed onboard.

With the entire world riding indoors right now I am not sure there is a "not peak time"

Quote | Reply
started zwifting in nov of last year, so already have the tron bike, plus i don't care for the easy spin feeling going uphill. one ould always set their resistance level to zero if that was a goal.

it makes group rides very undesirable and I was starting to do a few more of those. it's not second nature to remember to shift the wrong way going uphill and downhill
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sounds like a bug. recalibrate your trainer and ensure firmware is up to date (just in case), but if that doesn't fix it report it to support@zwift.com. Be sure to tell them what trainer you're using. Shouldn't have anything to do with when you're riding.

(Worked for Zwift for a 3 years).
Last edited by: Emilyk318: Mar 31, 20 13:11
Quote Reply
Re: Bizarro World Zwift [Emilyk318] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
have done all that and called and left number
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
uninstall and reinstall Zwift?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Must be some bugs flying around in Zwift. Last evening while riding I noticed the riders in front of me on the riders board were riders approaching me from the opposite direction and not riders ahead of me going the same direction.
Quote Reply
Re: Bizarro World Zwift [MKirk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Serious question/no pink.......This isn't an April fools prank on us, is it?
Quote Reply
Re: Bizarro World Zwift [alfonso132] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No. You have to take your bike off the trainer and attach it to your front fork instead. Then you'll spin with very low resistance on the downhills as intended.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Today for some reason I was on a road bike instead of a tri-bike and I did't change anything. Very annoying. Hoping it was just an "April fools" but definitely not what I pay for.
Quote Reply
Re: Bizarro World Zwift [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B.McMaster wrote:
Today for some reason I was on a road bike instead of a tri-bike and I did't change anything. Very annoying. Hoping it was just an "April fools" but definitely not what I pay for.

Yes. April fools. Happens every year. Just a bit of fun...enjoy the retro 80’s vibe.
Quote Reply
Re: Bizarro World Zwift [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ZenTriBrett wrote:
No. You have to take your bike off the trainer and attach it to your front fork instead. Then you'll spin with very low resistance on the downhills as intended.
Thanks, I'll try that when i get home.
Quote Reply
Re: Bizarro World Zwift [alfonso132] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alfonso132 wrote:
Serious question/no pink.......This isn't an April fools prank on us, is it?

I have a friend that had that problem with a kicker snap. It turned out to be a firmware problem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zwift has been struggling the last few days......I don't think it can handle all the traffic
Quote Reply
Re: Bizarro World Zwift [Scottxs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I sent in my log file to support. Everything is updated and reinstalled, still no love.

Rode outside yesterday......uphills were uphill as expected
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bummer. sorry to hear that

at least the weather has been nice the past few days.

To reach some of the better routes, I probably need to use the trails, but those have been a total zoo and a half...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
and here we are over 3 weeks later and issue persists. I have gotten used to it, ie I just don't have to shift unless I want a harder gear to go uphill with. I thinks its probably the equivalent of having settings set to 0% difficulty, but it isn't set there Zwift has not gotten back to me since I sent files in 3 weeks back.

alas it is still crappy weather here for me, so I continue to use it
Quote Reply