Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Bisaddle
Quote | Reply
Anyone use this product? Any reviews? Looks intriguing.

https://bisaddle.com/
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Apr 22, 19 13:53
Quote Reply
Re: Bisaddle [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been toying around with saddles for decades. What worked then, doesn't work now. Depending on the responses to this thread, I may pull the trigger and spend this Summer finding my sweet spot ;-)

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's surprisingly good. Would unconditionally recommend it as one option that people should try when they are auditioning saddles.

Tech writer/support on this here site. FIST school instructor and certified bike fitter. Formerly at Diamondback Bikes, LeMond Fitness, FSA, TiCycles, etc.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/ BJJ instruction - https://ballardbjj.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yup. there's something here. and i just had delivered all their new models for perusal.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Bisaddle [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
yup. there's something here. and i just had delivered all their new models for perusal.

Any updates on these saddles?
Quote Reply
Re: Bisaddle [Miljack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Miljack wrote:
Slowman wrote:

these saddles are great. i need to make contact again with the manufacturer and see if things are moving forward apace. and it's the most recent set of offerings i'm talking about, from 6 or 8 months ago. greatly expanded line.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have started using one myself on a P5D back in December. Great choice IMO, you can really adjust it so that it fits you perfectly

Instagram
Youtube Channel
Meta Endurance

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
Miljack wrote:
Slowman wrote:

these saddles are great. i need to make contact again with the manufacturer and see if things are moving forward apace. and it's the most recent set of offerings i'm talking about, from 6 or 8 months ago. greatly expanded line.

I am glad this thread got updated. In 90 minutes, I visit another bike fitter, wearing my surgical gloves and a mask, because I have fresh saddle sores.

The good news is IM St George is now late September and I have time to figure this out. I will ask if he has one to try.

Old age, bad posture and decreased range of motion make this an ever-changing dilemma 😕

DFL > DNF > DNS
Last edited by: SallyShortyPnts: Mar 24, 20 8:32
Quote Reply
Re: Bisaddle [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wife got one, likes it because she was able to get it fit for her. She ended up using the longer nose version and one of the angling plates. Due to the nature of the saddle, it took her and her fitter about 2 hrs in a separate session to dial it in (this was in addition to her original fit session). Doesn't sound like the most fun thing to do with saddle sores.
Quote Reply
Re: Bisaddle [Miljack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We started putting them on the fit bike during fit’s a little over a year ago. i just ordered a few to see what people would say about them. They are an absolute blast. We sell them now, during fit sessions, like crazy. They took quite a large chunk of the ISM sales.

We solved a lot of issues for customers with saddle sores. i would say sales are 50/50 between the 2 models. I prefer the long version.
And to be honest It a by far the most comfortable saddle I have used. And the only one that doesnt\’t give me issues on the indoor bike.

Try them at a fitter.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Bisaddle [mgreer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am now a Bi Saddle owner. John Higgins, my new bike fitter in Salt Lake City, Utah, had them in stock.

Mine is also the longer nose version and it took two hours of maneuvering to get it right-pulling out the front a mm and pulling in the back a mm, etc.

The Adamo ISM Road foam had broken down on the left side (his electronic butt-o-meter from Germany was pretty cool & showed the hot spot) and was the source of my saddle sore.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After trying numerous saddles over the years the BiSaddle SRT has finally put a stop to my long term problem with saddle sores and discomfort. It took a few weeks of fine adjustments to get it dialled in but I am so happy that I made the change. I now have the EXT (longer model) on my road bike and it is crazy comfortable.
Quote Reply
Re: Bisaddle [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, so now I'm curious about this saddle as I need something for my new P5d. I was about to move my Dash saddle over from my old bike but this looks pretty interesting. I have a couple of questions:

- is there a general consensus on long nose vs. short nose for tri bikes? For rederence, my old saddle is the stock Dash Strike. It's fine, but I'm not in love with it.

- is there any difference between the EXT stealth and EXT sprint other than colors?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Huge fan. Been using it on my TT bike for 2 season. Bought one for my road bike but decided to stay with the stock one.
Last edited by: aftermath312: Feb 23, 21 9:19
Quote Reply
Re: Bisaddle [aftermath312] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm looking at buying one soon. Does anyone have any negatives about Bisaddle or a reason to go with any other brand?

I bought an ISM saddle a while back which was very uncomfortable. This made me realize I would probably need to do a lot of shopping around to get something that fits me, well as we are all different shapes and sizes. So as far as I can see this is probably worth forking out a bit extra for!
Quote Reply
Re: Bisaddle [42point2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love mine, still finalizing fit and deciding if I want to go for the one with a longer body though. Might recommend that one because it seems to give more options
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a large investment in ISM saddles on all my (many) bikes but I was getting asymmetrical discomfort when doing longer rides. I switched over to Bisaddles and now no pain and I'm riding a lot more.
I haven't tried the longer version yet but I might pull the trigger on one at some point. I've been happy with the short one.
Quote Reply
Re: Bisaddle [Nelo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Remember that you can buy just the top parts and reuse the base+rails.

For others thinking about it, they sell a combo kit that comes with a base + the short and long tops and it's not too much more expensive. From what I remember, it was a fair bit cheaper than buying the other tops after the fact. Given the unknowns with saddle fit, probably worthwhile to get both upfront. Might be able to sell the tops you don't use in the classifieds and come out even (I've got a set of short tops I could probably part with).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd be interested in trying one. I've been using a ISM Attack on my tri bike for the last 5 years and have been fairly happy outdoors but lately I've been thinking it's not ideal on the trainer.

I won't be able to try one locally before purchasing. Anyone know which models are most suited for what/who? I tend to move around a bit which is why I have been using the Adamo. It facilitates a bit of fore/aft movement during a ride. Is there any advice available regarding which bi-saddle to choose for what characteristics? I looked on their website when I fist saw this thread and didn't see much.
Quote Reply
Re: Bisaddle [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ai_1 wrote:
I'd be interested in trying one. I've been using a ISM Attack on my tri bike for the last 5 years and have been fairly happy outdoors but lately I've been thinking it's not ideal on the trainer.

I won't be able to try one locally before purchasing. Anyone know which models are most suited for what/who? I tend to move around a bit which is why I have been using the Adamo. It facilitates a bit of fore/aft movement during a ride. Is there any advice available regarding which bi-saddle to choose for what characteristics? I looked on their website when I fist saw this thread and didn't see much.

if you look at the review of the zipp aerobar extensions on the site, there's a bisaddle on that QR PRSix2 bike i built for that review. they have a 90-day money back guarantee. which is in my open a broader guarantee than they need. nevertheless, that's it, so, i don't think you have a lot of risk there. i suspect i'll be writing more about these saddles, soon, on the front page, to help guide you in your choice of which model.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Bisaddle [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ai_1 wrote:

The question is why you need to move fore/aft on the ISM saddle. Is it still a bit of discomfort or just because you ‘just’ are a mover.
The EXT will give you that room to move, the SRT not. The SRT is just too short to really move.
The EXT stealth gives you a larger perineal cut out. The EXT sprint does have a perineal cut out but more narrow then the Stealth. The Stealth however gives a more narrow width, compared to the Stealth, between the legs.

I never had really a lot of saddle issues, but the Stealth EXT is so comfortable I can’t see changing to another saddle anytime soon.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried one about 6 months ago and, while I like the general idea, there were a couple concerns so I held off in buying one.

1. Unless they have updated the design, you can't set the saddle for max rear and max front width. When you adjust one towards it's max, the saddle narrows or closes in on the other. So if you happen to like a good bit of width on both ends, it's not going to be doable. You will have to chose the priority, max width on the rear or max on the front. You can't have both.

2. I did not get the impression of it being a robust saddle for high mileage riders however, I caution myself in saying this because it appears to be a good company. But why warranty it for life outside wear and tear. I mean, why not provide a typical wear and tear lifespan if riding a lot is not going to be warrantied for life?
Last edited by: NealH: Apr 7, 20 14:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Dan. The 90 day money back guarantee helps. I may take a best guess and go for it. I also look forward to seeing what you have to say when you get the chance.
Quote Reply
Re: Bisaddle [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's very useful thanks.
Sounds like the Stealth EXT might be the one for me too. Even when pretty comfortable I just tend to shift around a bit. Not constantly but from time to time.
I could also do with a decent sized cutout.
Quote Reply
Re: Bisaddle [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been using one for the last month.

I am having some problems with the saddle not staying in position. I have the nose as narrow as I can get it and after about an hour on the bike, the 2 pieces begin to separate.
I have the bolts as tight as I can get them. Yesterday I rode for an hour and adjusted the saddle before I started and when I finished they were quite a ways apart again.
It is a pain in the ass because you have to remove the saddle to tighten the front bolts and the rails get in the way.

Anyone have any suggestions or similar experience with it?
Quote Reply

Prev Next