Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Biolyte.... Anyone heard or tried?
Quote | Reply
uploading pics isn't working....here's the link to the website: https://drinkbiolyte.com/

Just curious, as I saw this at a pharmacy conference last weekend. Maybe it could be a solid rehydration option with very low calories...may taste less then ideal if warm though.

Again, just curious.
Last edited by: mjpwooo: Jul 18, 19 11:12
Quote Reply
Re: Biolyte.... Anyone heard or tried? [mjpwooo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never tried it, but it sounds philosophically very similar to Skratch's Hyper Hydration mix. Hyper Hydration is a pre-exercise mix that they say has the same osmolarity and sodium concentration as blood-- also the same as a sodium IV bag. I use Hyper Hydration before major sweat activities, and it definitely makes a difference. I never thought about drinking something like this after exercise.

Edit: Oh yeah, it tastes nasty. I nickname it the Dead Sea Cocktail.
Last edited by: exxxviii: Jul 18, 19 12:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are a few products like this on the market. Liquid IV, Drip Drop, etc. I use Liquid IV daily to keep me hydrated and I also take a few on long bike rides when I need to refill my bottles. They also have a great one for nighttime that contains melatonin, so you are getting rehydrated and sleeping like a baby at the same time! I also can honestly say that I enjoy the taste. I HATED the Skratch Hyper Hydration and NBS also had a similar product that I couldn't get past one sip.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've tried a few different rehydration options out there and I haven't found anything better than Biolyte. It's become a big part of my training routine because I've seen the benefits first hand. The taste isn't for everyone because most of us have grown too used to sugary performance drinks (i.e. gatorade). However, I really like it and the saltiness is refreshing. I also find it to be a lot more convenient than other powder options out there. Mixing up stuff can be a pain so I prefer to drink something that I know has been measured out much more scientifically than when I do it. Overall, big fan of the product. I try to recommend it to anyone I know that might benefit from it.
Quote Reply
Re: Biolyte.... Anyone heard or tried? [SwimBikeRun35] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wife got some of that Liquid IV stuff and I tried it on a particularly hot bike session. It was so salty I thought I was going to get sick if I kept drinking it, my stomach felt on fire. I can believe it working taking like the night before a race or something, but I couldn't tolerate it. I guess it doesn't help that my bottle was essentially pre-boiling temps when I was drinking it :))

Use this link to save $5 off your USAT membership renewal:
https://membership.usatriathlon.org/...A2-BAD7-6137B629D9B7
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would be wary of the erythritol used as the sweetener - for me, that would create rather unpleasant side effects.

Also I might throw out the suggestion to look for 3rd party verification on all of these. I notice "proprietary blend" on Biolyte - red flag for undeclared ingredients. So far, of the products mentioned, the only one I know of with NSF for Sport is DripDrop (and you'll pay for that - stuff is not cheap).

http://www.extramilenutrition.com
Quote Reply