Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bikes miles per year . . .
Quote | Reply
What did you ride in 2003 and what do you plan to ride in 2004 (same, less or more).

My 2003 was very close to 5,000. Worked well, probably the same for 2004. I do count trainer time into my totals (1 hr = 20 miles).
Quote Reply
Re: Bikes miles per year . . . [JeffJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
a little over 10,000 and will probably do about the same in 04

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A little under 2,500 miles. I did 1 sprint, 2 olys and a 1/2 in '03. I intend to do about the same racing this year, so I hope to do about the same training.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For some Oly's and Sprints I put in about 2500 miles. Doing a couple 1/2 IMs next year, plan to double my mileage, 5000 miles. I got some catching up to do, my butt hasn't seen the saddle yet this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
~7,000mi. Lower than normal, but I increased my swimming, so I had to cut back on my strong sport. 1 sprint, 1 oly, 2 1/2s. Plus 12 or so cycling races.

Reverend Dr. Jay
Lake of the Pines Triathlon fastest bike course record holder - Golden State Super Sprint fastest tri course record holder - Wildflower Long Course slowest run course record holder (4:46:32)

"If you have a body, you are an athlete." -Bill Bowerman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
7,000, including MTB & trainer miles. Road & tri bike miles were roughly even. I will probably do a similar amount this year, possibly a bit more. Since I plan on doing an Xterra or two and some bike races this year, MTB and road bike miles will be upped and tri-bike miles will go down.
Quote Reply
Re: Bikes miles per year . . . [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shit...
16692miles...321 miles per week avg.
Biggest week: 598mi
Smallest week: 0mi (injured)

that's WHY my butt hurts!

on all roads...of course, zero winter here...sun year round.
Quote Reply
Re: Bikes miles per year . . . [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn Dude! Buy a car! :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Bikes miles per year . . . [MachV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL!

well, I have one...so this tells me I should bring it back! anyone wants a 2004 element? :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jesus Christ!! You averaged 321!! How much were you able to run and swim with that much riding? I hope that's not what it takes to get any good at this IM thing...I was going to try and get a social life, but instead I guess it's:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I averaged only 12mi per week in the water and about 38mi per week on the run, but due to injuries, I had about 2 months with no running at all.

This year, I am aiming at about 15mi/week swim, 350mi/wk bike and 50mi/wk run. So far, so good, I am well ahead actually, but darn! it's only jan. 19th!

I forgot...I also want to stop having health related problem (for me and my family), crashes, mechanical problems and finish a bloody race! (so to speak...)
Last edited by: Francois: Jan 19, 04 20:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
10,000+ in 2003, probably the same in 2004 with work on speed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

This year, I am aiming at about 15mi/week swim, 350mi/wk bike and 50mi/wk run. So far, so good, I am well ahead actually, but darn! it's only jan. 19th!

I thought you had a job, Francois? ;)

With that training schedule, I'm assuming you're doing an IM or 2(or 6). Where you headed? I've got a couple planned, maybe we'll intersect.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, being a university prof. and researcher means roughly 60hrs per week of work, sometimes more, specially if you research area is Human comp. interaction, high perf. computing or software engineering (not my case).
But the advantage is that I can organize my schedule pretty much as I want, and the dept. chair is nice enough to schedule my classes late so all in all, I can manage.
Quote Reply
Re: hows this for retentive [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was training solely for 2 1/2 IM races. Took 17 minutes off my previous best.

3903.47 total bike miles

236.05 hrs planned
250.41 Total Actual hours

By HR zone in hours (not counting brick time)
Zone 1: 84:16 (56%)
Zone 2: 30:44 (20%)
Zone 3: 13:26 (9%)
Zone 4: 05:30 (4%)
Zone 5: 01:28 (1%)

Plan for 2004, a few more miles in the same number of hours. More zone 2 time.
Last edited by: tom: Jan 20, 04 6:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In 2003 I rode about 6000km ~ 3750miles. This was for a IM, 2 Half and 5 OD.

I hope to ride more in 2004. To prepare for Roth and Zofingen I want to ride more often for 4-6 hours.

Felix

http://www.weilenmann.ch.vu
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
An injury riddled 2003 left me with merely 2600 miles. I had about six weeks off of the bike due to two crashes, along with short mileage weeks to get me back going. This is typically between a third and a quarter of what I typically ride per year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I averaged only 12mi per week in the water and about 38mi per week on the run..."

Okay, now I just want to slap you. Do you spend 6+ hours a week swimming, or do you just swim 6000 yards/hour and knock it out in 3.5? If I get 3000 yards in a one hour workout, that's pushing it. You're a dedicated man, Francois.

I rode about 3000-3500 miles last year, and will probably do 5000+ this year.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Bikes miles per year . . . [jmorrissey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
on average, I will swim only 3000yds/hr because I tried to do a lot of drills in the water...usually at least 800yds of drills...as I don't care how fast I swim when I do them, it takes a lot of time.
So on average, 12mi is indeed about 6hrs in the water, sometimes a bit more. yesterday I had a little knee problem (from a forced stretch! what an idiot) so swam 9,000yds...2hrs40'...

yes, I am dedicated, now what I'd like is for all this work to pay...

About the thought of the week, I had it slightly different:

"if you put idiots in orbit, some are not going to stop flying before a while"
Quote Reply