Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike rental in New Paltz/ Poughkeepsie area?
Quote | Reply
Looking for a bike rental in the area for SOS. Road bike is fine. Rented from the only local shop before but not currently sure they have any inventory this year so looking for other options. All I really see is MTB rentals.

Trying to avoid dragging the bike around on the pre race vacation.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Bike rental in New Paltz/ Poughkeepsie area? [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I recently rented hybrids with my wife from here:

https://www.leisureridebike.com/

I think they may have had some road rentals....but givem a call to check
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think both the LBS's in NP do rentals, but also think they are likely only mtb &/or hybrids.

One thing you could try is to DEMO a bike for the day?
You could likely get a much nicer bike to ride that way. Prolly a little more $, but also prolly worth it.

Call Bicycle Depot and ask for Mike or Geoff, and ask them what they can do for you.

I know that Bikeway over in Wappingers Falls does demos. I want to say it's $70 for the day for a demo.
They have the Exploro and Strada in stock as demos, think I might give one a rip one day myself.

There's also another LBS in Gardiner, and yet another one up in Rosendale you can try too.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just following up in case anyone else is looking, ended up at Bikeway in Wrappingers Falls. Need to call in advance as they don't have a regular stable of bikes. About a half hour drive from New Paltz

Ended up with a nice Tarmac, but the race ride was shyte and the rental was free, that's a whole 'nother Oprah as they say LOL
Last edited by: ChrisM: Sep 12, 18 16:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey - great to meet ya on Sun!
Sorry about your misadventures with the rental bike. UGH.
(that's why I don't think I'll ever go electronic shifting - heard and seen far too many instances of stuff like that happening)

Made your crossing the Survivor line all the more worthy!

Not quite as badass as only having 1 leg, or doing all the runs with only 1 shoe, but still a mini epic.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Bike rental in New Paltz/ Poughkeepsie area? [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Providence that we ended up next to each other at the start. And I ended up running about four miles on Trapps with Keith, the guy on the other side (once I caught up to him :) ). Nice meeting you too, and now at least with that weather I’m convinced, no hat and glasses LOL

My bike issue doesn’t hold a candle to the veteran or Shoeless Joe though I passed him Justin after castle point and said “that’s badass,” he just scoffed and said “it’s my own damn fault”
Quote Reply