Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike for Xterra Tris
Quote | Reply
I'm shopping for a new bike for Xterra and other off-road tris and am looking for suggestions. Cost < US $1500 (I know that's not much, but that's all the budget will bear). Let me know what you think....

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Bike for Xterra Tris [bilmas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got last years model of the Specialized Epic Disk for 1550. If you can find one of those beautys somewhere, go for it. Thats if you are looking into a full suspension XC bike instead of a hardtail.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am a hardtail type of guy, so their's plenty out there for $1500 equiped with XT which in my opinion is all you need. The hard part is getting the right front suspension. Try http://www.mtbr.com take each review with a grain of salt.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Specialized Epic is probably a good choice. You might also be able to find a specialized FSR or enduro or similar bike that has the old specialized 4-bar linkage for a nice price.

Also check out the Jamis Dakar series fulls as they look really nice on paper.

How about a lower end Trek Fuel? Giant NRS?

Unless things have changed, I believe that K2 was a sponsor, so you might be able to get an Xterra branded K2 from the xterraplanet website.

I ride a hardtail, but will be upgrading within a couple of months.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if you're planning on doing worlds, get a full suspension. Damn that course was rocky. You can build up a nice GT NRS (frame $500 off ebay) for your price limit, or look at the low end fuels, KHS bikes stuff like that. As other posters said hardtails should be no problem.
Quote Reply