Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike fit question
Quote | Reply
If I move my saddle down should I also move it back to keep the same reach? Part of me thinks that it will end up with the same knee extension, which I think I am overextending right now.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike fit question [tedk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Typically when you lower the saddle because it's too high, you lower the bars a corresponding amount - which preserves both torso angle and reach. Of course that assumes the current setback, drop and reach are optimal for you.
Last edited by: vjohn: Jun 10, 20 10:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are we talking road or tri? Moving the saddle down, depending on the seatpost angle, can mean that the saddle is being moved back as well.

The primary reason to lower the saddle would be to reduce the knee extension. If your knee extension is fine, the only reason I can think of where you'd need to lower the saddle is because you want to move the saddle back, and need to lower the saddle to compensate for the additional reach.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Re: Bike fit question [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's on a road bike. I feel like I'm losing control at the bottom of my pedal stroke and have been having some saddle pain. Funny thing is I have been riding the same saddle height for years. I changed my cleats and now everything feels wrong.
Last edited by: tedk: Jun 10, 20 13:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tedk wrote:
I changed my cleats and now everything feels wrong.

Address this issue first...
Quote Reply
Re: Bike fit question [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I positioned the cleats the same as I always have. Not sure what there is to address, Speedplay Zeros.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If they are the same then why does it feel different?
Quote Reply
Re: Bike fit question [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Absolutely no idea.
Quote Reply