Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike fit drawing/building software
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know of an existing software out there that can be used in conjunction with a bike fit that has a visual aspect to it? Something that would let you build up a bike and get the fit coordinates?

If one doesn't exist I'm thinking something CAD/Solidworks looking that can essentially build up bikes with all the components ie specific bike sizes, various stems, spacers, base bars, aero bars, angles, etc, and it would spit out a drawing and you could measure the fit coordinates of any setup you'd like. I've done a lot of building of mechanical/electrical systems (HVAC, plumbing, electric) in REVIT/CAD and you can build up your own 3D pieces and move them around with certain snap points and "build" things with dimensional restraints. Manufacturers typically produce the individual pieces and distribute them to design teams for them to insert into drawings/bid documents knowing that if their equipment makes it on to the documents it's more likely a sale, so this would be similar. I just thought it'd be a really interesting tool to be able to accurately model a perspective bike and see exactly how various base bars and other items would fit. I know there are spreadsheets that can help on this but I was thinking something more visually appealing and easy to use.
Quote Reply